Precision Shooters: Anyone running a 2-round quiver?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I see them at matches, but never see anyone actually pulling a round out to use one. Just curious if it adds any real value?

Attachments

• XLR_Hoptic_Quiver_grande.jpg
      XLR_Hoptic_Quiver_grande.jpg
      19.5 KB · Views: 699

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hadn't seen that before.

I have the Element, and can't say I'd find a real use for it - unless I'd already cleaned out all my magazines and still needed to get a round or two off.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Hadn't seen that before.

I have the Element, and can't say I'd find a real use for it - unless I'd already cleaned out all my magazines and still needed to get a round or two off.

Do you like the Element? I have the Carbon and like it a lot...

With the mags that I carry, I have up to 20rds available to me. I can't think of any reason other than having "20+2" that I would actually need this. I guess from a speed perspective, it's quicker to load 1 round versus removing the mag and inserting another one.

They do look cool and I see them all the time, but I never see them being used.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    The Hoptic is rail mounted and I don't see the point in having two rounds that far forward of the ejection port. With the velcro kind you can at least attach it near the magwell or right in front of the ejection port for economy of motion. If you **** up the last shot of a string and it happens to be your last round in the mag, then this quiver idea is quicker than dropping and reloading a fresh mag.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Do you like the Element? I have the Carbon and like it a lot...

With the mags that I carry, I have up to 20rds available to me. I can't think of any reason other than having "20+2" that I would actually need this. I guess from a speed perspective, it's quicker to load 1 round versus removing the mag and inserting another one.

They do look cool and I see them all the time, but I never see them being used.

I'm still getting used to the Element, coming from a Bell & Carlson A5, it's nice being able to go mag fed instead of a internal blind mag. Took me 3 range trips to figure out just how much adjustment was in the Element.

I normally have three 10rnd AICS mags, and a 5rnd AICS in reserve. So the quiver doesn't have too much appeal to me.

As Orbital touched on, I could see where it'd come in handy if you butchered the last shot of a string and it was the last round in the mag.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Its originally from something in 3-gun. But not with the rifle but the shotgun. Called a "match saver", one or two round carrier just in front of the chamber so you could just slide your hand over it into the chamber in one motion. In this case it might be something like a just in case for a PRS match.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The fudd method is to carry a round in every pocket. You need a quick replenishment, reach into a pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom