• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Gonna have to keep an eye out for more of Ammo Jon’s split case sales on 45 cal. Been using these packs when I can find them.

Attachments

• A93A8BE4-BFA5-49CF-A997-48E5E0C0DF58.jpg
      A93A8BE4-BFA5-49CF-A997-48E5E0C0DF58.jpg
      69.7 KB · Views: 499

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Can't make out calibers other than 380 ACP. If you looked, how were the 38 Special, 357 Mag, or 45 ACP prices? Discounted from their normal price?

They have no reason to discount, people buying them out at higher prices than online or through me.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There will always be a demans for actual physical ammo in real time. Aka if I'd wanted it next week , I'd buy it next week .

And Jon is great but ;

He lives on the wrong side of the state .
    Everyone dosen't always need,/ have the Marginal Cash flow to purchase 1K ( or 5K rimfire ) , when they have a present requirements of a cpl boxes .

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    There was zero handgun calibers in the Ellicott City Walmart either, a disappointment considering I would grab a box of 22 or so every time I was in Walmart.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I was in the Frederick, Guilford Drive Walmart on Wednesday and checked to see if they had put the Handgun ammo on sale. The case was full and everything was regular price.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I was in the Frederick, Guilford Drive Walmart on Wednesday and checked to see if they had put the Handgun ammo on sale. The case was full and everything was regular price.

That's likely because there's less panic buying up there. It's not a "Hey, we're not selling handgun ammo anymore immediately. They have purchasing contracts they have to fulfill which means this will likely take 6mo or more to move stock. My guess is that they'll ship the remaining contracted stock to stores where they see more flow (eg, areas with lots of shooting sports enthusiasts) and let the outlier stores die on the vine so to speak where the handgun and intermediate round issue is concerned. I'd expect Fredneck, Mt. Airy, and Wally-Worlds in places similar to stay fairly well stocked up to the end.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Buying ammo by the box at a store is like buying cigarettes by the pack or toilet paper by the roll. Everyone knows they can get it cheaper in bulk and knows for a fact they'll use it all up in the near future, but plenty of people don't plan ahead and end up paying a premium for the convenience anyway.

I know a few people who simply can't afford to buy full cases. Rather than not shoot for a few weeks and save up their money, they buy it at stores and end up paying more in the long run.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Buying ammo by the box at a store is like buying cigarettes by the pack or toilet paper by the roll. Everyone knows they can get it cheaper in bulk and knows for a fact they'll use it all up in the near future, but plenty of people don't plan ahead and end up paying a premium for the convenience anyway.

I know a few people who simply can't afford to buy full cases. Rather than not shoot for a few weeks and save up their money, they buy it at stores and end up paying more in the long run.

I have plenty of customers that get together with a friend and split 50/50.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I will check the Eldersburg Wal-Mart this afternoon.
    Never purchased ammo from them.
    I am an avid reloader but buy Russian ammo over the web.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

"Always the low price craven capitulation to delutional leftists.

Always."

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    "Always the low price craven capitulation to delutional leftists.

Always."

I wonder if WalMart really knows their customer demographics? Maybe they think they are going to win the libs over from Target? I think they fail to realize that we are not only loyal but have long memories. Reap what you sow..

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Have I missed something? Are they slashing prices? Or is this an issue of people who don't have a good, cheap supply elsewhere buying it?

Of course it's this. For all those who say they're going to "buy their cheap ammo elsewhere", there's no cheaper ammo elsewhere. As well, when competition decreases prices general increase

Walmart has said from the beginning they will sell their remaining stocks of ammo then cease selling certain calibers. No secrets, no conspiracies. People are buying the last remnants of cheap ammo.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    The Walmart @ 198 and 295 hasn't sold any ammo in years. They acted like I was a terrorist when I asked where it was located in the store.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I wonder if WalMart really knows their customer demographics? Maybe they think they are going to win the libs over from Target? I think they fail to realize that we are not only loyal but have long memories. Reap what you sow..

How about if everyone simultaneously unsubscribes from their Walmart email list at noon on Sunday? Cross post to other firearm forums, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom