• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Snow removal? Is that using a shovel or sitting in a dump truck while it plows the roads? Very important distinction.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The original FB post...

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-08-02-16-28-49.jpg
      Capture+_2019-08-02-16-28-49.jpg
      96.3 KB · Views: 940

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    The original FB post...

:thumbsup: so that's roughly 14-15/ hr. With state bennies. Not bad starting I guess.
    Jim my guess would be shovel/ snow blower if they do snow similar to the County. Dump trucks would be for the guys on the road maintenance crews who are already assigned trucks..

eshoremd

May 22, 2014
    Pasadena
    Facility Maintenance Technician I
    Statewide
    Full Time - $29,244.00 Annually
    Category: Building Maintenance / Trades / Transportation / Safety / Maintenance / Drivers / Grounds & Landscaping / Building & Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance
    Department: Maryland Transportation Authority

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    This got my attention, tried to point my son in this direction.

BENEFITS:

The MDTA is committed to retaining and expanding our work force through career growth and development. Investing in the future of our employees makes good business sense.
    On-the-Job Training:

Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
    Work Zone Safety
    CPR/AED & First Aid
    Specialized Heavy Equipment

Employees are required to obtain their CDL during the probationary period.

Those two will bump earnings potential quickly.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This got my attention, tried to point my son in this direction.

BENEFITS:

The MDTA is committed to retaining and expanding our work force through career growth and development. Investing in the future of our employees makes good business sense.
    On-the-Job Training:

Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
    Work Zone Safety
    CPR/AED & First Aid
    Specialized Heavy Equipment

Employees are required to obtain their CDL during the probationary period.

Those two will bump earnings potential quickly.

I assume the State would train them for the CDL?

I would think so. Harford County does. Once a new hire gets their license, it doesn't take long for them to figure out they can make a lot more than $30k elsewhere:sad20:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Benefits are great for the older worker , but the younger worker wants money . And Art3 is right once the person/worker gets a CDL or other certificate's they don't hang around long . One county boss told me that they have a hard time holding on to help .

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Benefits are great for the older worker , but the younger worker wants money . And Art3 is right once the person/worker gets a CDL or other certificate's they don't hang around long . One county boss told me that they have a hard time holding on to help .

Our benefits were great. They're still really good, but get a little whittled down every year. Plus, benefits won't pay a mortgage or keep the lights on:sad20:

$30k is tough to live on (especially if you like collecting guns:innocent0). If I hadn't gotten a higher paying position within HCPS after my first five years with no raise (bringing home less than when I started because health insurance went up), I absolutely would have applied elsewhere, most likely American Infrastructure...with my taxpayer funded CDL. :o. I saw quite a few guys move on to bigger and better...some even before they were off probation.

I'm struggling to find, let alone hold onto, a $30k roofer.:sad20:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Our benefits were great. They're still really good, but get a little whittled down every year. Plus, benefits won't pay a mortgage or keep the lights on:sad20:

$30k is tough to live on (especially if you like collecting guns:innocent0). If I hadn't gotten a higher paying position within HCPS after my first five years with no raise (bringing home less than when I started because health insurance went up), I absolutely would have applied elsewhere, most likely American Infrastructure...with my taxpayer funded CDL. :o. I saw quite a few guys move on to bigger and better...some even before they were off probation.

Yeah , you also can not eat benefits

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011

Right, and people will actually have to get drug tested in the private industry unlike HCPS. LOL

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Dunno man. Only folks I know are teachers, background check and fingerprints is all I ever heard.

Anyone with a county or school system job AND a cdl are subject to random drug testing. Teachers, admin etc don't need a cdl so can party like it's 1970's every night if they want to without worry.
    I got called for a random last week. 3rd or 4th time in 24 years.
    As for bennies, when a family member has cancer and goes through chemo and radiation you're damn glad you have them. I was....

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Anyone with a county or school system job AND a cdl are subject to random drug testing. Teachers, admin etc don't need a cdl so can party like it's 1970's every night if they want to without worry.
    I got called for a random last week. 3rd or 4th time in 24 years.
    As for bennies, when a family member has cancer and goes through chemo and radiation you're damn glad you have them. I was....

I know the CDL operators get random, I was just poking fun at him. Art always has good posts/info on here.

Gotta have some fun around here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom