• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I walked out my basement slider this morning to tails going up. Apparently my lack of focus on the deer this year due to the elk hunt has lead to them moving right up to the house. My wife is threatening to shoot them from the deck this week because are yard is covered in poop and the toddler thinks they look like a decent snack.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    So that buck I didn't see all day? I open the door and turn on the light an hour ago and he's standing there staring at me........so bitter right now

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Someone else get it, or the buck is in the yard nanny-nanny-boo-booing you?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Nanny nanny booing so hard......

I walked out the door and he just stared and as I got closer he just strolled off in no hurry at all.

Next time I'm charging with a machete

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Like this?

ac1d42b6998e007a9c24abd49a1a5ae7--iowa-rack.jpg

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    Best luck I've ever had - I was in the right place at the right time twice this weekend on Eastern Shore VA.

Neighboring club's dogs were nice enough to run this fella onto our lease as we were quitting for lunch on Saturday. Wacked him with buckshot at about 60 yards.
    Saturday.jpg

As the sun was rising over the trees this morning, this one made a huge racket splashing around crossing a moat. Couldn't see squat bc of the reflection off the swamped logging road and the steam fog. He wandered out of the glare and I got him with the 30.06 at 120 yards from a box. DRT.

sunday.jpg

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Best luck I've ever had - I was in the right place at the right time twice this weekend on Eastern Shore VA.

Neighboring club's dogs were nice enough to run this fella onto our lease as we were quitting for lunch on Saturday. Wacked him with buckshot at about 60 yards.
    View attachment 247783

As the sun was rising over the trees this morning, this one made a huge racket splashing around crossing a moat. Couldn't see squat bc of the reflection off the swamped logging road and the steam fog. He wandered out of the glare and I got him with the 30.06 at 120 yards from a box. DRT.

View attachment 247784

Both are very nice. Going to need a new mortgage to pay your taxidermist.

Also, you burned up your luck for a couple years now. This is one of those weekends that you talk about for the rest of your life, because you will most likely never see a weekend like this again. Heck, most of us will never experience a weekend like you just did.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

View attachment 247783

View attachment 247784

That there is a weekend to remember!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

View attachment 247783

View attachment 247784

Sha-weet!

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED

View attachment 247783

View attachment 247784

Congratulations!

I have property in Virginia’s Northern Neck where dog hunting is prevalent. The dog hunters really mess up the pattern of the deer for still and stand hunters. You were very lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom