• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    If anything challenges me in the woods, its dead, if I have the means to make it so with me. If its not legal, then the 3 S's will provide a cover story. I am 100% ethical and law abiding, but anything not afraid of the top predator (me) needs to go away.

I saw the weirdest thing last week. Off to my left, what I thought was a fox trots by at 25 yards. Then I look at it, and its the color of a coyote, but the size of a fox. Looked like a damn small coyote the size of a fox. Did not look like a grey fox and I have never seen one in the wild. The turkeys didn't like it either when it came over the hill towards them. I couldn't get the xbow around fast enough to attempt a shot or it might have been dead to better identify.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Got a nice meat doe tonight. Already butchered her and the meat is aging in the fridge (too cold to let her hang in the garage tonight). Shot her with a 7MM Rem Mag at about 180 yards.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Did anyone participate in the WSSC hunt a couple weekends ago in Moco?

My uncle did and he got one. When he got to the deer he found he was being challenged by a coyote for the deer and ended up having to fire a shot to get it to leave.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Which section was he hunting?
    Triadelphia or Rocky Gorge?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    neighbor shot this buck this morning. Nice 10pt. I had him on my game camera a few times.:rolleyes: 180 field dressed, I figure about 220 on the hoof. give or take a few pounds.

Attachments

• 1122181334.jpg
      1122181334.jpg
      73.8 KB · Views: 334

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nice! 80% pistol?

You bet! Pro tip, exit the blind after you shoot.. or bring a painters mask. The blind fills up w/ smoke so dang fast. 3 foot wide flames too! This was a still photo, extracted from a slow motion video made with an iPhone 6...

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    5th day of WV rifle season. I was beginning to have doubts on connecting with a decent buck after passing on several smaller ones earlier in the week.
    C9C12D15-5E64-4670-BC1B-E8F545CF0ED5.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Good luck to everyone in MD, stay dry. Thinking early will be ok and then wet stuff around 9am.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Nice deer Chris! For every deer you passed up, a potential one of these. Nice work brother. :)

Thanks pal! I have family in Randolph county that have two farms. We have been letting the small guys walk for several years now. However, I ran into this guy on public land in the national forest. Headed home today, so I’m missing opening day in MD. But I’m free most of the upcoming week.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Hunted a little outside of Hampstead.The only deer I saw was a button buck that came in to a can call....I passed.
    But something really cool...never saw any turkeys on this property before.I had a hen feeding and loafing around for about an hour.The landowner has seen a hen 3 or 4 times this summer.I guess that would be her.

Taking my grand son to another place tomorrow.He pissed Mom off and wasnt allowed to go today.Next time she says his room needs to be cleaned first.....I bet he cleans his room.....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom