• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    it's cool rob. I just feel strongly about it because while I agree with criticizing DC laws, which don't address actual violent crime, which inherently place blame on the law abiding, and which are a gross violation for the second amendment; I also feel that exaggerating the DC laws also serves to discourage people from exercising their rights.

In order to get for example a gun for home protection, DC is absolute quicker and easier than NJ, has a much larger selection of allowed handguns than Cali or Mass., and cant be argued to take more time than Maryland. NRA-ILA this year keep saying DC is worst, Washington Times recently repeated it, when I have to wonder if anyone at NRA or the WTimes bothered to go through process in NJ (I have), Mass or Cali.

If I were to get a non resident DC permit are you limited to carrying only a 10rd or less magazine or is 15-17 standard capacity mag ok?

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I carried for the 1st time today since obtaining my permit in DC. I have got to admit it felt weird crossing the line into DC and not having to be disarmed. It was surreal that I could walk down the street and not worry about having a empty shell casing or god forbid a loaded round in my pocket/bag.

Congrats and I absolutely know how you feel, almost like the end of prohibition, lol. It will pass after some time.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    I carried for the 1st time today since obtaining my permit in DC. I have got to admit it felt weird crossing the line into DC and not having to be disarmed. It was surreal that I could walk down the street and not worry about having a empty shell casing or god forbid a loaded round in my pocket/bag.

You should have gone to the zoo... they were off thanks to Screwmer. Spotted Owl, ummm ummm good!

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    The lesser of 20 total rounds, or the amount required to load the firearm twice.

No magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    My first time carrying in Maryland pretty much was the same feeling , just because the system makes you feel like the bad guy . It took me a little bit (few weeks) to lose the new car smell .

Congrats on getting it , i need to get back to work on mine there (i was turned down back in the day)

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    MPD are required to carry one spare 17 round mag if armed off duty and two spare 17 round mags on duty.

You are 8 times more likely to be killed by police officer than a terrorist.

Police officers are charged with more crimes than concealed carry permit holders.

You see where their “logic” goes?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    MPD are required to carry one spare 17 round mag if armed off duty and two spare 17 round mags on duty.

You are 8 times more likely to be killed by police officer than a terrorist.

Police officers are charged with more crimes than concealed carry permit holders.

You see where their “logic” goes?

Not that it matters but the first sentence about OFF DUTY is incorrect

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I believe I have a copy of a MPD policy that says officers must carry at least one spare mag if armed while off duty.

Am I wrong? Or, is that an old policy, or just a recommendation and not a requirement?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I believe I have a copy of a MPD policy that says officers must carry at least one spare mag if armed while off duty.

Am I wrong? Or, is that an old policy, or just a recommendation and not a requirement?

I pretty sure the policy is 1 fully loaded mag with one in the chamber. No stipulations on extra mag

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom