• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    BTW, there is a good Greek restaurant in the Route 301 shopping center just north of the state road...called Galazio. 6223 Crain Hwy, La Plata, MD 20646

One of the few options for non-franchise food in the area. The folks who run it used to have a place called 'Ouzos' next to the La Plata Walmart.

Another place worth hitting on the way back from MG is T&Js BBQ on MD225 1/2 way back to town. But they are more of a roadside stand, a couple of benches outside next to the parking lot.

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    One of the few options for non-franchise food in the area. The folks who run it used to have a place called 'Ouzos' next to the La Plata Walmart.

Another place worth hitting on the way back from MG is T&Js BBQ on MD225 1/2 way back to town. But they are more of a roadside stand, a couple of benches outside next to the parking lot.

That's good to know...hopefully they have an indoor plumbing toilet, too, because the porta-jon at the range is kind of smelly-scary, especially on a hot day...so scary, I snunk into the woods to pee. I'll probably be tracked down by the Environmental Police. :D

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    That's good to know...hopefully they have an indoor plumbing toilet, too, because the porta-jon at the range is kind of smelly-scary, especially on a hot day...so scary, I snunk into the woods to pee. I'll probably be tracked down by the Environmental Police. :D

Lol. Dont remember whether rhey have a customer bathroom.

Another place worth a stop is Marie's Diner. Third building on the right when you turn onto 301 south bound from 225/Hawthorn Rd.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    A little sporty on the range yesterday. Usually dont do weekends or holidays. But my son had to get his Muzzle loader done for the early upcoming season.

My 18 Y/O son went to sight in his muzzle loader and had words with a father and daughter combo. During a "Cold Range" while
    people where down range and changing targets the "father" grabbed his pistol and was demonstrating to his kids. My son politely explained to the father there should be no weapon handling when on a "cold range" The father got a little pissed that my son corrected him and said " excuse me but the rules change all the time around here"

My son kindly said, " Well Sir at no time are you permitted to point a firearm at anyone at this range like you just did"

The father got angry, packed his stuff, and they left.

Proud my son said something, but worry at they same time, just don't want him to get into it with anyone. Just don't know people these days.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Nice day at the Grove today. All lanes were being used but good turnover. Be some nice if covers were installed over the tables. Looks to be a low cost easy job to have done. I am sure that there would be plenty of volunteers to help with the labor and even materials. Man at table next to me was practicing with a beautiful flintlock. While I was fascintated by the rifle, next time I may move over to the next table. Each strike of the flint, I felt hot embers land on my shoulder. No biggy, but does get your attention.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I am thinking about going Thursday morning as long as it isn't raining to bad.

I want to bring my 50 BMG out for some air
    Also my m48a, 32 acp and maybe my Glock 32

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    A little sporty on the range yesterday. Usually dont do weekends or holidays. But my son had to get his Muzzle loader done for the early upcoming season.

My 18 Y/O son went to sight in his muzzle loader and had words with a father and daughter combo. During a "Cold Range" while
    people where down range and changing targets the "father" grabbed his pistol and was demonstrating to his kids. My son politely explained to the father there should be no weapon handling when on a "cold range" The father got a little pissed that my son corrected him and said " excuse me but the rules change all the time around here"

My son kindly said, " Well Sir at no time are you permitted to point a firearm at anyone at this range like you just did"

The father got angry, packed his stuff, and they left.

Proud my son said something, but worry at they same time, just don't want him to get into it with anyone. Just don't know people these days.

Sounds like someone spent the time and provided the correct firearm safety training that and you son was listening, Good job :thumbsup: Not something that happens enough these days.:cool:

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Nice day at the Grove today. All lanes were being used but good turnover. Be some nice if covers were installed over the tables. Looks to be a low cost easy job to have done. I am sure that there would be plenty of volunteers to help with the labor and even materials. Man at table next to me was practicing with a beautiful flintlock. While I was fascintated by the rifle, next time I may move over to the next table. Each strike of the flint, I felt hot embers land on my shoulder. No biggy, but does get your attention.

Sounds like you need to make plans and attend a Hooligan shoot some weekend.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I was there first thing this morning. Not a person there
    I had my big boy rifle and fired off 10 shots
    Then shot the Mauser m48a rifle along with my g23 and cz50

Was there for about an hour before I picked up. A few people where over at the skeet range but at 10 when I left still not a single person at the range.

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    I keep wanting to go over to Myrtle Grove but every time I have the time, it seems to be raining. I was going to try to get over there this week, but now it is windy and cold. We need an indoor 100-yard range!

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Ouch! Didn't know about that...I don't hunt...when is hunting season over?

This needs to change.
    If someone drops their hunting gun and knocks the sights off, the Hunter has no place to resight in.

Now that we have to pay to use it and a large portion of the people that use the range do not hunt, it is unfair to them

And do not talk about them using that time to repair and clean it. They have not done a lot to improve it in the past. They can change out the baffles that are had in the evening and during Monday morning when they are closed.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Not too bad today.
    Actually, had a great time and my boys bought me lunch afterwards.
    They did shoot up a LOT of MY ammo, but I'm willing to call it good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom