• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Their rear sight on a 1911 is great, particularly with a Novak gold bead front.

I have considered replacing the rear sight on my S&W M&P Pro with a 10-8, but the factory S&W sight is pretty good.

BTW, if you shoot Bullseye, these aren't fine enough for that type of shooting. The 10-8's are a combat style sight.

I have about 12 of Hilton's basepads on my M&P 9 mags. 4 of his M&P45 14 round mag baseplates, 2 of his flat triggers, several pairs of his scoop grips, 1911 mag release, and 1 M&P rear sight.

All of his products are first rate. Its good kit.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I have about 12 of Hilton's basepads on my M&P 9 mags. 4 of his M&P45 14 round mag baseplates, 2 of his flat triggers, several pairs of his scoop grips, 1911 mag release, and 1 M&P rear sight.

All of his products are first rate. Its good kit.

I take it you like the M&P basepads.

I have meant to ask here if anyone uses them. I I think i will get some for my mags then.

BTW, can you get them anywhere other than the 10-8 site?

I take it you like the M&P basepads.

I have meant to ask here if anyone uses them. I I think i will get some for my mags then.

BTW, can you get them anywhere other than the 10-8 site?

As you may have noticed from my previous posts, I buy once cry once. Yes, I like Hilton's stuff. I'm going to buy 1 of his 1911s one day.

i think brownells may have them. They are expensive as hell, but good for dropping mags on hard surfaces especially if they are not completely empty.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=...MANCE LLC/Product/S_W_M_P_MAGAZINE_BASE_PLATE

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Canuck, how long is the duck bill on the front of the base plates? I run the compact base plates on my mags. Helps keep from snagging the second mag on my belt with my pinky during a reload.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    It doesn't stick beyond the frontstrap. PM me your email addy and I'll send u a pic

Sent you my email. I appreciate it.

I've recently been having issues with my baseplates wanting to slide forward when they hit the ground. I read somewhere that S&W has a new longer spring for the mags. I think I'm going to give them a call and see if I can't order some of the new longer mag springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom