• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    I only had a short window of time to run to the range yesterday and that fact ruled out Freestate since the drive is about 45 minutes each way for me. I popped over to OnTarget with my usual wariness that stems from some bad experiences there. I shot enough .357 to numb my hand and switched to my new Ruger SR1911. The third round failed to go into battery and there I was with a stuck slide and no handy remedies. I went out to the desk and explained my dilemma and the guy with the long pony tail grabbed their wax stick, came to my lane and gave my balky Ruger a rap. Round went into battery and fired and ejected fine.

I didn't catch the guys name but he was friendly, professional and approached the issue with a sense of humor. As I waited to check out of my lane later I saw him taking care of another shooter on the line who was having an issue. While this may come across as a "so what?" kind of moment, I wanted to post it since I have previously been critical of the staff there. I think I'm going to give them another chance to earn my money.

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    Sure wish I could remember his name right now, he's a real nice guy. Had several conversations with him he's a former marine. definitely one of the good ones there.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I only had a short window of time to run to the range yesterday and that fact ruled out Freestate since the drive is about 45 minutes each way for me. I popped over to OnTarget with my usual wariness that stems from some bad experiences there. I shot enough .357 to numb my hand and switched to my new Ruger SR1911. The third round failed to go into battery and there I was with a stuck slide and no handy remedies. I went out to the desk and explained my dilemma and the guy with the long pony tail grabbed their wax stick, came to my lane and gave my balky Ruger a rap. Round went into battery and fired and ejected fine.

I didn't catch the guys name but he was friendly, professional and approached the issue with a sense of humor. As I waited to check out of my lane later I saw him taking care of another shooter on the line who was having an issue. While this may come across as a "so what?" kind of moment, I wanted to post it since I have previously been critical of the staff there. I think I'm going to give them another chance to earn my money.

I recommend that you get that one employees work schedule.

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    The guy you are talking about is very cool and nice, he did helped me when i was looking for my first 1911 and with my windham ar15. He also let me pick the brass i want before push it away with the squeege in general i think the customer service is good.

Mr Ed the manager helped me with all my questions.

Thumbs up to ontarget.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    I haven't been in for some time, but based on the description, you were the first one I thought of!!

Are you back now?

Naa but I am there with my company on tues and wed right now and my boss is cool if I help people out and Ed doesn't seem to kind either ..so help out when I can.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Their call ahead policy for members is also nice.....I have been going here for a couple of years, just to shoot mind you, and for the most part have had a positive experience every time. Everyone has one of those days......I try to remember that. Their weekends are just plain crazy with the crowds.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    I've shot at On Target a handful of time, typically during the day, during the week, when passing by on business. It was always a positive experience.

Watdahec

Flipside
    Oct 31, 2012
    Glen burnie
    Im a frequent there every saturday and does get a little crowdy, really thinking of getting the membership to avoid the hassle. If you are a member you can actually call ahead to avoid waiting on a very sometimes very,very long line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom