• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Patrick, from your response it doesn't look like you read the link provided which was written by Bob Clegg President of Pro-Gun New Hampshire and former NH Senate Majority Leader

Do we really need to go beyond the quote from NRA Rep Hohenwarter where he stated

“…New Hampshire is too stupid to know what it needs…”

http://www.pgnh.org/heave_ho_hohenwarter

Hehenwareter threatened our senators, circumvented the legislative process, attempted to prevent citizens of NH from having a say in things by avoiding public hearing and a host of other dirty tricks.

NH isn't Md.

Read our Constitution

Brush up on how Nullification has been used in this state

Simply put NH is the Anti-Maryland.

Sorry to say but Md's entire economy is driven by fed funds so simply put Md will never buck the Federal teat.

On this issue Md will always be a follower

We have CCW in almost all states because states like NH lead the fight on a state by state basis.

Federal trends FOLLOWS States not the other way around.

The state by state Nullification of Marijuana laws is a similar example.....once enough states nullify Fed law Congress or Fed Courts will repeal/issue a decision that repeals unconstitutional fed law

Same will happen with 68 GCA and Firearms Freedom Bills if 15 more states jump on board

Bottom line is Md will never have these spats because aside from a couple dozen determined people in MSI and AGC you lack motivated/engaged pro 2a folks.

We have a population of ~1.5 million.....less than the population of Monkey and AA County but regularly get HUNDREDS of people to show up for the most trivial gun bills

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I read what I could and saw those references. I don't care whose feelings the NRA hurt; it's not my job to man up the victims. I was curious about the legal wranglings and if something had been left out of the NRA "defense" letter - if they conveniently skipped some proposed modifications of the original bill that would put gun owners in a bad place.

I know we tend to focus on drama first; issues second. I don't care who Hohenwarter upset. He'll have to deal with that in his own way. If a lobbyist truly pisses off all the people he is trying to lobby, he will be out of a job. It's a self-correcting system and it doesn't affect us in MD.

I wanted to know if there were some additional onerous proposals from the NRA that might eventually cross into our borders, where they would almost surely have better reception. That's it.

But if you want to feel good about it: NH rocks. Good for you guys. Wish we had the same. Glad you are supporting some folks who will advance the right nationwide.

As for the low-level details, I will have to go research those myself. I was just hoping to use the thread to gather more info. I will go back to lurker mode, now. Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom