• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    at the match i did the week before last, one guy had a glock 48 (single stack, g19 length and height) that i dry fired. felt real nice and noticeably slimmer than their double stack models. then another guy had the 43x that i shot a couple of times. seemed like just the ticket. single stack, g27 length barrel, g19 length grip, so capacity is 10+1 (vs the 43 with a shorter grip). so i ordered the 43x and got it friday, along with a Tulster appendix iwb holster that comes with a belt clip.

i really wanted something somewhat-not-too-uncomfortable that i could get on and off relatively quick and easy. this holster/gun pair really seems to be just the trick.

i know a lot of you guys can't carry so sorry for the temptation, but for those that can, def check this combo out.

Attachments

• g43xa_resized.jpg
      g43xa_resized.jpg
      41.9 KB · Views: 618
    • g43xb_resized.jpg
      g43xb_resized.jpg
      53 KB · Views: 608
    • g43xc_resized.jpg
      g43xc_resized.jpg
      58.7 KB · Views: 620

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    The grip has always been the hardest part for me to conceal. Does the width as opposed to the length matter?

yeah the grip length is the hard part of the gun to conceal, as the barrel (with aiwb/iwb) is in your pants. but around 12:30-1:00 or so the grip mostly matches the contour of my belly.

my thought is most if not all get those mag grip extensions for their magazines anyways on their smaller guns, so why not just get a longer grip.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****That looks really nice. When I travel, and can take advantage of my Utah CC permit, I carry a regular Glock 43 with a pinky extender mag. I've shot it in competition and it is remarkably accurate for initial and follow up shots with some practice.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    43x on my short list. I have a 19x which I like. I have a 43, which I like, but the 43x is gonna be better. Love the way it feels.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    43x on my short list. I have a 19x which I like. I have a 43, which I like, but the 43x is gonna be better. Love the way it feels.
    yeah imo a game changer for a carry gun. don't really like the 'micro's' at 6+1, but at 10+1 them's pretty good odds vs the more comfortable carry and being more comfortable it will def be carried more.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    yeah imo a game changer for a carry gun. don't really like the 'micro's' at 6+1, but at 10+1 them's pretty good odds vs the more comfortable carry and being more comfortable it will def be carried more.

I have a 43 (and not my only Glock), but wanted more capacity. Have (and like) the Springfield XDe, and its bulk is a reasonable trade off for the capacity when carry conditions make hiding it easier. But then along came the P365. I like that its grip is stubbier than the 43x, and like that its slide is lower/sleeker than the XDe. Barring some shocking new development, the P365 is making me pretty happy. I'll probably amuse myself by handling the new Springfield Hellcat at some point, but unless it performs some ergonomic miracle compared to the P365, I'm pretty content at this point.

FWIW, I still quite like the 43. But more than half again the capacity in something that's still remarkably compact, well, there you have it.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’m good with my 43 with Magguts +1 for 8 and another 8-16 backup. If I wanted more I’d go to a 365 with 10+1 and a spare 15.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I have a 43 with the Taran Tactical +2 extension. Makes the grip length perfect in my opinion.

Attachments

• BE1858FF-9A4B-4132-A85E-2C45325664ED.jpg
      BE1858FF-9A4B-4132-A85E-2C45325664ED.jpg
      83.3 KB · Views: 324

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I have a 43 with the Taran Tactical +2 extension. Makes the grip length perfect in my opinion.

well you're wrong and i'm right!

j/k of course, we all have to go with what works for us. good thing glock (and others as noted above) give us lots of options out there.

tell you what though, i already have little enough spare room in my pants, and that just slightly thinner profile of glock's single stack seems to make a big diff, at least to me.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

My Magguts 7 round has a GeePlate baseplate on it. It doesn’t add any extra length but forces the pinky into the perfect position.

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    P365 is smaller and has the same capacity. Glock made a gun that was obsolete before it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom