• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I think these have been in stock for awhile. We're getting down to the wire though, on legally getting the 12 round CZ82 mags. I wouldn't order a C&R with a 10+ mag much past today.

monsternav

May 20, 2005
    St Marys/Kuwait
    Yeah, I pulled the trigger today on a P-64. UPS Second Day Air. It should be here Wednesday or Thursday. Never ordered from Wideners before, so I don't know exactly how fast they are.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    If it really becomes an issue, call them and talk to them. Explain the situation....i.e... you live in a communist state and ask them to ship the mags elsewhere.

I did this with an AK yes they charged me $6 bucks to ship the mags to my bros house but I would rather pay that then lose the mags.

They are nice people and have a amusing accent, worth the call!

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    If it really becomes an issue, call them and talk to them. Explain the situation....i.e... you live in a communist state and ask them to ship the mags elsewhere.

I did this with an AK yes they charged me $6 bucks to ship the mags to my bros house but I would rather pay that then lose the mags.

They are nice people and have a amusing accent, worth the call!

It is worth calling or asking. Ive had good luck with shops selling on gunbroker sending mags to PA for me for a small additional cost.

Classic would NOT ship the mags anywhere else and said they would just ship the gun without mags

SOG also refused to ship the mags separately and shipped without the mags.

I ordered a parts kit from Centerfire systems and they wouldnt ship the kit to PA and just cancelled the order because I have a MD billing address.

Mississippi Auto Arms also wont ship mags if you have a MD billing address.

MagnumFarce

May 3, 2013
    Centreville, MD
    I think these have been in stock for awhile. We're getting down to the wire though, on legally getting the 12 round CZ82 mags. I wouldn't order a C&R with a 10+ mag much past today.

I am not certain that the mag limit applies to C&Rs. I spoke with Del. Smigiel on Sunday about this and his understanding is that C&Rs are exempt from the mag limit. I will see if I can get verification (hopefully in the form of a response from the MSP or AG) but until then, grab your CZ82s.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I am not certain that the mag limit applies to C&Rs. I spoke with Del. Smigiel on Sunday about this and his understanding is that C&Rs are exempt from the mag limit. I will see if I can get verification (hopefully in the form of a response from the MSP or AG) but until then, grab your CZ82s.

Mags are mags. They are affected by the limit.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I'd like a p64 but I think $239 is about 50 dollars too much. I think I spent $239 on a nice CZ82 from wideners that came with 2 mags and a holster.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Sorta off topic. But any recommendations as to what is the best 9x18 Makarov ammo to shoot with when using a CZ 82?

That particular pistol isn't a picky eater. I haven't tried anything that it wouldn't handle. Some will say that you shouldn't shoot reloads with cast lead bullets through one, but as long as you clean the thing, there's no problem ... and properly lubed cast bullets don't leave any more lead in the barrel than you'll see from anything else.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    FWIW my P64 from wideners just arrived last night and it is in great condition. Barely any wear on it at all.

I hate you. J/K, the one I got from Weidner's has a lot of holster wear but otherwise it's in fantastic shape. I love those things.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I got two P-64s from them from the last lot they had in stock before this one. They showed some bluing rubbed off of the corners where the pistols had been holstered, but other than that are great guns.

One came with the triangle hammer, one did not, and one has the prefix RK for a police gun, the other military.

I put a couple of 17 pound mainsprings in them and the trigger pull is now incredible on both of them- they went from 17 pounds for one, and 21 for the other in double action, to maybe 7 and 9-10 pounds respectively and both now have INCREDIBLE single action triggers.

Just a warning- these guns HURT to shoot. The 22 pound wolff recoil spring helps a LOT in this regard, and I've found it not to affect reliability at all, I have maybe 250 rounds through each, 10 boxes of ammo, with ZERO failures of any kind in that time in either pistol. So far I've shot Hornady XTP, Hornady critical defense, Silver Bear, Privi Partizan defensive ammo, and the vast majority being generic green boxed copper washed cyrillic labeled ammunition. All have functioned flawlessly.

That said, if you get a CZ-82, I can't remember if it's critical duty, or critical defense, but CZ-82s don't like one of them. I literally could not get a single round of this ammo to fire in ANY of my CZ-82s, and I have many. Whichever one has the bullet profile of a cone. One of them, I believe the critical duty, has a more traditional profile with the polymer tip filling the cavity, and that one works fine, it's just the one that is essentially conical feeds at just the right angle to get snagged up entering the chamber. Basically what happens is that the round feeds at almost exactly a 45 degree angle, and this puts the angle of the cone flatly parallel with the top of the chamber, and it binds up EVERY SINGLE TIME.

That said, they work fine in the P-64 as I've said before.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    just found the old box, it's critical DEFENSE it doesn't like. Which is good, since the Critical Duty are better IMHO anyways.

Seriously though, those critical defense are POINTY

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom