• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    brent - don't think ANYONE was supposed to be there, curfew and all, and surely some if not most of the crowd was not local. the press IS pretty much crucifying him. it doesn't seem he went there to just shoot people as he had plenty of chances to do that but just shot the couple that attacked him. if blm etc would just actually march and protest, and not loot, burn, damage, riot, etc, there would be no opposing violence.
    I respectfully agree .. I just see the 2nd amendment community running to his defense and i will continue to stand on the fact that I think the kid was wrong in his actions.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I do agree if the ****in cops did their jobs then it a 17 year old kid maybe wouldn’t have felt the need to take the law into his own hands. There’s multiple layers of wrong doings here. The police stood by and let that city get destroyed. But the kid was still wrong imo and I believe he needs to face the consequences of his wrong doings.

Yes, tying the hands of law enforcement is ultimately responsible for this. How is it OK to let these animals destroy people's towns? The cat is out of the bag. In the vacuum that LE has left, people are ultimately responsible for putting these people down. We will see more of it, unfortunately.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I don’t expect you to understand as you seem tone deaf. You seem your mind made up regardless of what’s said.

If I do end up in the “wrong neighborhood” I’m not there with my AR pistol defending my cousins cousins uncles third nieces small business.

Oh no.....you called me "tone deaf". Next you might post a meme.

How about addressing the substance?

You're making a damned lot of false assumptions about what I understand or don't understand, and so far all you're doing is spewing the mass media narrative which would certainly leave one to question your motivation for being here.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I stand corrected .. long rifle. Either way it wasn’t legal for him to own.

I read that he didn’t own it. Read the arfcom link by the lawyer. I’m sure that everyone involved wished that they did something different that night, but what it comes down to is that the kid shot people that were actively attacking him.

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    Interestingly, under WI law, it was legal for him to have the rifle. He did try to retreat, and was in fear for his life. Colion Noir sums it up pretty nicely.

Going to check out the vid thanks for the perspective

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    Oh no.....you called me "tone deaf". Next you might post a meme.

How about addressing the substance?

You're making a damned lot of false assumptions about what I understand or don't understand, and so far all you're doing is spewing the mass media narrative which would certainly leave one to question your motivation for being here.

Stop mentioned the media. I’m giving MY opinion on the act. I’m allowed to do that as your allowed to have yours right ?

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I do agree if the ****in cops did their jobs then it a 17 year old kid maybe wouldn’t have felt the need to take the law into his own hands. There’s multiple layers of wrong doings here. The police stood by and let that city get destroyed. But the kid was still wrong imo and I believe he needs to face the consequences of his wrong doings.

It seems the police are going to be in the wrong, no matter what they do. I’m blame the media for most of this racial tension. There are good and bad people of all colors. It’s up to the good people to keep the bad ones in check.

On a lighter note, I have a feeling that this conversation is going to boost your post count to the water cooler very quickly! Welcome!!

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If I ignore my one objection, a 17 year old being there, the rest of his actions were appropriate and the media spin is horrible.

and I think I have been 100% consistent in that along with you.

Everyone is getting hung up on step one..."should" he have been there...that's not a matter of how the law works once it's established that he broke no laws, which is in fact what it appears is the case as this evolves.

• The child rapist earned his bullet to the face.
    • The wife beater earned his bullet to the stomach.
    • The felon now known as Lefty earned the ability to flog his dummy for the rest of his life like it was someone else's hand.

As I said elsewhere, I think it very unwise for anyone to go to down DC or Baltimore right now, lest they be assaulted as has been the case on several occasions as documented. That doesn't make it wrong or illegal. It makes it unwise.

I likewise feel the same about this kid. No way in hell do I believe it was wise for him to have been put in that situation, but that doesn't make it wrong or illegal.

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    It seems the police are going to be in the wrong, no matter what they do. I’m blame the media for most of this racial tension. There are good and bad people of all colors. It’s up to the good people to keep the bad ones in check.

On a lighter note, I have a feeling that this conversation is going to boost your post count to the water cooler very quickly! Welcome!!
    Lol I know right. Thanks!

brentC

Jun 14, 2020

Everyone is getting hung up on step one..."should" he have been there...that's not a matter of how the law works once it's established that he broke no laws, which is in fact what it appears is the case as this evolves.

• The felon now known as Lefty earned the ability to flog his dummy for the rest of his life like it was someone else's hand.

As I said elsewhere, I think it very unwise for anyone to go to down DC or Baltimore right now, lest they be assaulted as has been the case on several occasions as documented. That doesn't make it wrong or illegal. It makes it unwise.

I likewise feel the same about this kid. No way in hell do I believe it was wise for him to have been put in that situation, but that doesn't make it wrong or illegal.

I see where your coming from.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

what started all this crap is illegal looting, rioting, violence, damage, destruction, etc. the "f*** cops" wouldn't have anything to do with this if blm etc would actually "protest" and not riot, loot, etc.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Stop mentioned the media. I’m giving MY opinion on the act. I’m allowed to do that as your allowed to have yours right ?

Having the right an opinion? Sure. That simply doesn't mean it's valid and don't expect to get your feelings validated.

My comments and the majority of the emerging analysis on this situation are driven by evidence and not feelings.

Stop regurgitating talking points and you might gain some traction.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I wonder what the ultimate reason the police are holding back is. One one hand, every time they shoot a peaceful protestor, there are more peaceful protests because of the media spin. On the other hand, liberal rulers dictate giving them room to destroy. Crazy.
    n a lighter note, I have a feeling that this conversation is going to boost your post count to the water cooler very quickly! Welcome!!
    Oh my.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    If we are all out and see a person with an AR-15 who supposedly just killed someone.. my presumption is that we all would probably try to disarm him as well..

Nope, I’m going the opposite direction as fast as I can because I know that if I try to disarm someone with a rifle I’m probably getting shot. My number one goal is living and the only thing that would change that is if someone I cared about was in harms way.

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    what started all this crap is illegal looting, rioting, violence, damage, destruction, etc. the "f*** cops" wouldn't have anything to do with this if blm etc would actually "protest" and not riot, loot, etc.

I agree.. it’s always some bad apples in the bunch. I believe in peaceful protest.. I don’t believe in rioting and ****ing people’s shit up. That comes with consequences.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

The violent rioters were shot in defense by Kyle because they were actively attempting to lynch him. If he wanted to just murder protestors, why stop shooting? Not only did he only shoot people trying to lynch him, but he only shot at them until they were no longer a threat. One of the people in the lynch mob came over with a handgun to kill kyle. Kyle shot him in the arm when the guy was pointing the handgun at him and attempting to shoot kyle, and then kyle immediately stopped shooting. If he wanted to kill, why not plug that guy a couple more times?

The 17 year old thing is disturbing if you've spent time around a lot of 17 year olds, especially if you have kids of your own and are imagining them in Kyle's place. You naturally want to protect young people and feel awful thinking of someone young having his life ruined because he chose to insert himself into a dangerous situation. With two young sons and thousands of former students, I get that. However, maturity is not the same thing as age. In my mind, Kyle is a more mature person in totality than many adults I know in their 30s and 40s. He seems to be well trained with the tools he is carrying and is already living a life of service. Apparently he worked as a life guard in the area, came to clean up graffiti, and was trained enough in emergency medicine to act in the role of a medic that night.

During the events, he showed a lot of composure and judgement that, again, is lacking in many much older people. He was only by himself in the crowd because he was kept away from his support and not allowed to return to them by police. When he was being attacked, he chose to run from them rather than just turn and fire. He didn't even fire when people in the lynch mob were firing guns at him(one person fired before kyle had to shoot the convicted child rapist in the head and at least one other fired multiple shots at him at the second shooting site). He only fired when he was backed against a car and his attacker was actively reaching for his gun during the first attack, and then when he was knocked to the ground and being attacked with weapons by the lynch mob. He only fired enough times to stop the threats and managed to avoid hitting anyone he did not intend to hit. He also was proficient enough to score a head shot, heart shot, and shot to the gun-arm of those in the lynch mob trying to attack him within contact distances under stress.

Following the defensive shootings, he immediately ran to police with his hands raised, let them know he was involved in the shootings, and complied with their requests. It's tough to think of anything else he could do differently, given the situation he was in. It's very true he could have avoided the whole thing by staying home. It's also very true that the "staying home" argument applies to the violent rioters. Had Kyle's group stayed home, the people he directly aided with medical help, the people he directly aided with security, and the businesses he directly helped would have been much worse off. He saw a call for help and stepped up to answer it within a group of other adults. It's consistent with his life of service up to that point.

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    Having the right an opinion? Sure. That simply doesn't mean it's valid and don't expect to get your feelings validated.

My comments and the majority of the emerging analysis on this situation are driven by evidence and not feelings.

Stop regurgitating talking points and you might gain some traction.

Ok

brentC

Jun 14, 2020

The violent rioters were shot in defense by Kyle because they were actively attempting to lynch him. If he wanted to just murder protestors, why stop shooting? Not only did he only shoot people trying to lynch him, but he only shot at them until they were no longer a threat. One of the people in the lynch mob came over with a handgun to kill kyle. Kyle shot him in the arm when the guy was pointing the handgun at him and attempting to shoot kyle, and then kyle immediately stopped shooting. If he wanted to kill, why not plug that guy a couple more times?

The 17 year old thing is disturbing if you've spent time around a lot of 17 year olds, especially if you have kids of your own and are imagining them in Kyle's place. You naturally want to protect young people and feel awful thinking of someone young having his life ruined because he chose to insert himself into a dangerous situation. With two young sons and thousands of former students, I get that. However, maturity is not the same thing as age. In my mind, Kyle is a more mature person in totality than many adults I know in their 30s and 40s. He seems to be well trained with the tools he is carrying and is already living a life of service. Apparently he worked as a life guard in the area, came to clean up graffiti, and was trained enough in emergency medicine to act in the role of a medic that night.

During the events, he showed a lot of composure and judgement that, again, is lacking in many much older people. He was only by himself in the crowd because he was kept away from his support and not allowed to return to them by police. When he was being attacked, he chose to run from them rather than just turn and fire. He didn't even fire when people in the lynch mob were firing guns at him(one person fired before kyle had to shoot the convicted child rapist in the head and at least one other fired multiple shots at him at the second shooting site). He only fired when he was backed against a car and his attacker was actively reaching for his gun during the first attack, and then when he was knocked to the ground and being attacked with weapons by the lynch mob. He only fired enough times to stop the threats and managed to avoid hitting anyone he did not intend to hit. He also was proficient enough to score a head shot, heart shot, and shot to the gun-arm of those in the lynch mob trying to attack him within contact distances under stress.

Following the defensive shootings, he immediately ran to police with his hands raised, let them know he was involved in the shootings, and complied with their requests.

Where did you see the mob was trying to lynch him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom