• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    From mailing my application to opening the mailbox to find the envelope took me just about 2 months. This does not include the months of back work, reference letters, and collections for the packet itself. Good thing i was not in danger....oh wait I was....

Congratulations on getting your permit, but in reality, you are/were in no more danger than any other Maryland resident, who will never be granted a permit.

Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    Another day goes by and still no permit.. I can't really tell what day I'm on since I don't actually know when they recieved it.

Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    I have signed up for USPS direct mail. So instead of waiting everyday all day I will hopefully get an email in the morning showing all the mail I'm getting.. Patience is hard that for sure.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Hello all! This is my first post. I literally look on the internet every day looking for hints for wait times for MD CCW and can never find anything!

Little about me. I own my own property management company in Baltimore. We have a lot of properties in the city. We do a lot of cash with collecting rents, water Bill's, or other things. I had an expert help me with my G&S reason. I believe I won't have any issues getting it. So I'm looking to see when this thing will be in the mail. Here's my Timeline: this is 2019
    March 21 mailed app in
    April 8th check cashed
    May 13th MSP called
    May 16th Interview
    May 28th references called

Nothing since.. any ideas?

Look forward to hearing from everyone!

Just an FYI, Bryan is a good guy, but there is no such thing as a "G&S" expert. As soon as anyone "cracks the code" MSP switches something up.
    I am sure, as a business owner, Bryan was able to assist you quite competently.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I have signed up for USPS direct mail. So instead of waiting everyday all day I will hopefully get an email in the morning showing all the mail I'm getting.. Patience is hard that for sure.

Did you send the application via certified mail? You can call the LD and just ask.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Here's my Timeline: this is 2019
    March 21 mailed app in
    April 8th check cashed
    May 13th MSP called
    May 16th Interview

Nothing since.. any ideas?

Look forward to hearing from everyone!

The applications I've helped get sent thru in 2018 took between 72 and 83 days. Most of the time, it's w/in a couple weeks of the interview pending completion of any missing/additional information.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The applications I've helped get sent thru in 2018 took between 72 and 83 days. Most of the time, it's w/in a couple weeks of the interview pending completion of any missing/additional information.

Just an FYI for anyone applying, if the MSP LD requests "additional" information and you question them or do not respond immediately, they will spin this like you are being uncooperative during ANY appeal you may attempt if denied or assigned restrictions.

Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    Weird question. So I just moved from Parkville to Sparrows Point. My ID was not current at the time of the application, But I did put my new address on the application. I would assume that they would send my permit to my new address which is the one on the application and not my driver license address correct?

Also what kind of envelope does it come in? I want to make sure my wife doesn't throw it out thinking it is junk mail! That would be awful!

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Are tehy still nearly impossible to get in Maryland? I really dont get it. They have balitmore which is exhibit a on why decent people carry guns. We have a supposed conservative supreme court. How is it ok to force gay marriage on alabama or illegal immigration on AZ and AL yet its "state's rights" when it comes to screwing with the right to self-defense. The only other state worse i can think of is new jersey.

Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    Update!

March 21 mailed app in
    April 8th check cashed
    May 13th MSP called
    May 16th Interview
    June 27th Permit in Hand

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    March 21 mailed app in
    April 8th check cashed
    May 13th MSP called
    May 16th Interview
    June 27th Permit in Hand

outstanding! Carry every day you can legaly and practice more than you think you should. Also.. go get your PA one now.. $10... super easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom