• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Draco20

Apr 20, 2013
    MoCo
    What holster is everyone rocking for their p365? I'll be picking one up soon and was looking for recommendations.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have a Sticky Holster that works well.

Also available on Amazon.

johny357

Sep 7, 2009
    Thanks for the recommendations. Googling had the Tulster coming up quite often.

After a lot of research, my decision came down to tulster or vedder. I want with vedder light tuck because the belt clip is metal and more durable. You can also add a “claw” attachment for $5 that aids in concealment . I also picked up one of their pocket holsters that works well. I wasn’t disappointed.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Looks like you've already made your choice but if it doesn't work out, check out the Comp-tac Infedel Max. (comp-tac.com). A LEO turned me onto it some time back and it is the most comfortable, functional IWB holster I own for my P365.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    AIWB is my preffered carry method for the P365, most comfortable, retainable, concealable, and accessable way to belt-carry IMO. Tulster and Vedder are great, but love this Lexholster(eBay seller), thinner kydex, minimal bulk, cheaper, no backlog, has a small claw to keep it close, and nice positive retension.
    20190206_085300.jpg

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Ran into a gent at the range on Monday. Was putting his first rounds through a brand new P365. We were both pleased to see that we shared exactly the same experience, sight-wise. Which is to say, both of us normally lollipop our targets and are used to shooting that way. But to whatever extent one is the least bit worried about precision with this tidy little self defense gun, you have to truly cover the targeted POI with the front site. No perching it on top, or - at reasonable 7/12-yard type distances - you'll hit low. Not a lot low, but noticeably so. At torso-type defensive shooting distances, it's utterly, completely irrelevant. But if you're used to a particular sight picture and performance from your other pistols, the P365's behavior takes a little getting used to.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Ran into a gent at the range on Monday. Was putting his first rounds through a brand new P365. We were both pleased to see that we shared exactly the same experience, sight-wise. Which is to say, both of us normally lollipop our targets and are used to shooting that way. But to whatever extent one is the least bit worried about precision with this tidy little self defense gun, you have to truly cover the targeted POI with the front site. No perching it on top, or - at reasonable 7/12-yard type distances - you'll hit low. Not a lot low, but noticeably so. At torso-type defensive shooting distances, it's utterly, completely irrelevant. But if you're used to a particular sight picture and performance from your other pistols, the P365's behavior takes a little getting used to.

All of SiG sights are sighted in for a Combat sight picture. You may be used to a Target sight picture.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

That is the point of the X-ray sights, line them up, put the big green dot on the target, fire, the bullet hits it. Most of the newer crop of defensive pistols are setup the same way, only place you usually see a 6:00 hold aka "lollipop" is on adjustable sight target models and older designs. Even so, load matters, mine shoots a hair high with defensive 124gr, and about level with the sights aka "cutting the target" with warm 147s or hot 124+p

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Actually, I prefer POI to be top of the front sight. Just what I am used to.

Yes, when I did some bullseye shooting, it was lollipop hold. But for a round black bullseye, that is the best for a repeatable hold.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    New flavor of the P365 - the "SAS" (Sig Anti-Snag) sight version. Fascinating little bit of design/engineering. There's a video to watch - with an actual sight picture about 3/4 of the way through:

[YT]tlgz1uVU8I4[/YT]

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    For some reason my Glock 26 feels better in my hand, even with flush mag - can easily ring my 6 inch steel plate at 30 yards. Can't get on board with the 365, although I know that is an unpopular opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom