• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10xclean

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2008
    Kingsville
    FAR TOO EXPENSIVE.. I WORK IN THE AREA AND WILL NEVER SEE THE INSIDE OF THE BUILDING UNDER THE CURRENT MANAGEMENT, AND I CAN AFFORD TO PAY THE MEMBERSHIP BUT REFUSE! $49/MO, BUT IF I WANT TO SHOOT RIFLE THEY GOUGE YOU FOR $10 HOUR... I WISH THEM SUCCESS, BUT WAY OVER PRICED. MUCH RATHER SUPPORT LOCAL CLUBS THAN THIS SORT OF ESTABLISHMENT.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I really don't think their marketing plan is geared to the great unwashed, namely us. In that surrounding area there are a lot of folks with big bucks who can easily afford the guntry club fees. Look at the number of country clubs in the area. The higher non member prices are to keep out the rif raf and the boys in the hood that frequent FS, CA, OT, etc. I will at minimum check the place out.
    Just my .02 worth.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I really don't think their marketing plan is geared to the great unwashed, namely us. In that surrounding area there are a lot of folks with big bucks who can easily afford the guntry club fees. Look at the number of country clubs in the area. The higher non member prices are to keep out the rif raf and the boys in the hood that frequent FS, CA, OT, etc. I will at minimum check the place out.
    Just my .02 worth.

Probably right. How many folks have a 40-60 dollar gym membership a month that they never go to?

The folks saying I can shoot for ten bucks at XX range isn't the target audience. If it doesn't work out they can change their model but I'm betting it does work out. There'll be folks who pay it and show up once a year with a friend when they want to. I doubt many will be shooting weekly there.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’ll visit, not sure if I’ll get a membership. Maybe go to shoot rifle rounds and keep my pistol rounds for CA? Not a fan of AGC and walking through the muck to get my targets.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Compare the membership to any other indoor range, even on the low side ($15 per hour) if you go 3 hours a month it will pay for itself. I usually go about 2-3 hours a week so memberships work for me.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This is nearly a carbon copy of Silver Eagle Group's opening membership structure... and a year later, it basically reverted to a normal range fee structure, because they discovered that the masses of rich people who wanted to pay huge dollars for a country club range didn't really exist. Hopefully this is just a cynical play to milk early adopters and they'll figure out they're not special in a year.

I will say that charging $600 a year for membership and then demanding $10 an hour to use the 100yd range is just offensive to me, though. ESS has a hundred yard range and charges almost $200 less per year for membership - and INCLUDES access to the hundred yard range.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I think the top membership at continental is a pretty good deal. No hourly fee. Can holster qualify for no fee...other range charges $75. Prefer to shoot out doors when i can, but renew CA membership every december.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Right now Peacemaker's yearly fee is $150/year. However they have a waiting list because the membership was capped at around 1400. You don't pay for range time unless they charge something on the 300/600/1000/1200+ LR area. I only pay what ever the match fee for members is because I can practice on the farm out to at least 500 or shoot my own steel targets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom