• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I will point out that PCP does pose major risks to bystanders , and is worthy of strict controls .

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I do not have the studies to hand but in limited trials MDMA with a therapist has shown a lot of promise as a treatment of treatment resistant PTSD in veterans and rape victims. I have also heard unscientific anecdotes of people trying without a professional and not being able to handle their trauma alone. But it looks good so far.
    And there were very limited studies showing LSD being useful in treating some addictions and I have not heard of intense physical dependency developing on it. As a certified not a doctor or pharmacist with no training you should be careful will a family history of mental illness. And I hear that it is very important to have someone babysitting you. But I have never tried the stuff personally and I can't imagine that I ever will.

I have heard that 97% of scientists believe in Human-Caused Global Warming and that 90% of Americans support Universal Background Checks.

I have no opinions based on experience with persons taking LSD/MDMA.

I have seen a person (woman) completely lose their mind taking shrooms. She was fine a few days later when I next saw her.

I have seen people on heroin have their mind/lives destroyed, and lives around them.

I have seen people hooked on pills (Oxy/Perco/Darvo) and they "get old" fast.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Opps, I must have forgotten I was on a gun forum
    I didn't mean Pre Charged Pneumatic , and I think Short Bbl Shotguns should be treated like handguns .

I refered to the drug PCP , aka Angel Dust, aka Butt Naked .

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    That's the same as saying you don't believe in diabetes because you don't have it. Just because you can eat donuts, pie and ice cream all day doesn't mean everyone can.

I beleive it is a genetic predisposition, much like diabetes or muscular dystrophy.

In 1993 I was diagnosed type 2 diabetes, I was overweight, not quite "obese" bu BMI stats. In 2009 I had gastric bypass, for 3 reasons, diabetes, sleep apnea, and I had hoped if I survived, my ex who wanted to have WLS but was afraid, would feel comfortable and get WLS. Now, I have diabetes in my family, but my extra weight didnt help, but I accept responsibility, sleep apnea, weight problem, so I decided to do something about it, and had WLS. Now, as long as I am "good" I can maintain decent blood sugar control, (again, it's up to me) and I know that. I couldn't keep doing finger sticks, so I TOOK IT UPON MYSELF to figure it out. I got a constant glucose monitor, CGM, and my control is back to ME.

So yeah, I believe in diabetes, I believe it is both hereditary, and personal actions.

So pllttfff, :rasp: LOL

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    No... In the sense, one drinks from a container (glass, bottle, etc), the other is ingested via a gas and the exhale, still a gas, contains the drug. Kinda like cigarettes, pipes etc. :sad20: So maybe there needs to be special place to use the drug. Public makes it very hard for smokers these days.

You can buy cannabis infused tea and teabags in Colorado. It also comes in gummy, brownie, cookie, breath mint forms. No bystanders are injured during ingestion.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Even with a medical marijuana card, it is illegal to smoke marijuana in a motor vehicle or in any public place. It'a also illegal to operate or be in control of a vehicle while under the influence, which is good because it isn't just smoked anymore. Apparently vaping is really big, and there are also edible forms, sublingual drops, transdermal patches, gummies, skin creams and lord knows what all. It seems like a lot has changed since the days of Cheech and Chong.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I have heard that 97% of scientists believe in Human-Caused Global Warming and that 90% of Americans support Universal Background Checks.

I have no opinions based on experience with persons taking LSD/MDMA.

I have seen a person (woman) completely lose their mind taking shrooms. She was fine a few days later when I next saw her.

I have seen people on heroin have their mind/lives destroyed, and lives around them.

I have seen people hooked on pills (Oxy/Perco/Darvo) and they "get old" fast.

Oh yeah playing powerful substances can be reckless and dangerous. Like I said, the limited MDMA trials that showed great results were in conjunction with on site professionals. And I have no data but have heard anecdotes of people trying it without help and failing catastrophically to deal with their trauma. And any hallucinogen can lead to physically damaging accidents not counting the mental stuff. At least in a medical setting you would be watched over by professionals.

Speaking of your mushroom example, I have seen what others (not sure if there is a technical definition) class as deliriants which can end up with you blacking out and coming too miles away from where you started after a few days covered in cuts sans any idea how you got there. Many of these are legal for other uses and luckily they are not abused much.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I see.

Or,..... the Government could maybe simply mind their own business.... or spend time worrying about things that people actually care about?
    SURE, but people will do what when they want unless there is some consquence heavy enough to prevent them from doing so. Not everyone is considerate of other people.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    LMAO, I so badly wanted to believe this to be trolling but I've encountered too much mis/disinformation on this topic in just this thread alone, let alone the rest of my time out in the world.

LSD and heroin are nowhere near one another. Since the government relaxed the inane prohibition on studies of LSD / MDMA / Psilocybin (please learn, it's not ecstasy unless you're talking the highly-cut / impure street drug), there are literally dozens of studies proving the success rate of small stage (n=<1,000) trials for treating PTSD (yes, including soldiers) depression, and get this - heroin addiction itself. GASP, DOES THAT MEAN LSD COULD HAVE LEGITIMATE MEDICAL USES CONTRARY TO YOUR PREVIOUSLY HELD BELIEFS?!

Seriously. This thread is just chock-full of uninformed, "reefer-madness"-esque thinking.
    So your saying there is no difference between recreational and medical use? There is no difference between the effects of these drugs?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    SURE, but people will do what when they want unless there is some consquence heavy enough to prevent them from doing so. Not everyone is considerate of other people.

It's called Liberty.

Same with alcohol, there should only be "medical" alcohol.

I mean,....how can we be assured people aren't going to consume alcohol for solely recreational purposes and then harm others or their property???

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    It's called Liberty.

Same with alcohol, there should only be "medical" alcohol.

I mean,....how can we be assured people aren't going to consume alcohol for solely recreational purposes and then harm others or their property???
    And your liberty ends when you threaten someone else's liberty. That is why we have DUI an DWI laws.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    So then it sounds like we agree, as the mere ACT of the consumption of a drug does not meet that standard.
    Well if you had been paying attention I have no problem with the recreational use of MJ. Provided certain conditions appy.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Well if you had been paying attention I have no problem with the recreational use of MJ. Provided certain conditions appy.

I was paying attention, I just don't understand the need for "conditions" beyond the laws that are already on the books.

Some folks seem to love new and additional laws, me,... I tend to think there are plenty as is.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I was paying attention, I just don't understand the need for "conditions" beyond the laws that are already on the books.

Some folks seem to love new and additional laws, me,... I tend to think there are plenty as is.
    Well we would have to change the current law wouldn't we? I want it taxed. If it is smoked I don't to be exposed to it. I want the level of THC controlled. Just because you don't understand the need does necessarily mean there is no need for them. Give people an inch they will take a mile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom