• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mag360

Mar 6, 2012
    Not next week, not a month, now. It is not much *that* much money. I am from Sacramento, CA where our sheriff went "essentially shall issue" at the end of 2010. It became so backed up that within 4 months, there was a 6 month wait. After 11 months, the wait became so long that all appointments open for 2012 were booked through December 2012, and they closed opening any future appointments.

They will work through the backlog, eventually, but they are going very slow. Sacramento county is around 1.4 million people and so far there are ~2500 permits out, adding 40 a week to that.

The state may get a stay in the woolard case... Maybe they will, maybe they wont. But for now, you guys are shall issue so start applying!!

The more permits you have in circulation, the more people will continue to fight to keep them. Nobody will want to give up being able to protect themselves outside of their home once they start carrying.

So don't just stop at the forum members, tell your brother, sisters, girlfriends, mom, dad, cousins, grand parents, aunts, uncles, friends, etc and fill up that car of yours and go apply. :thumbsup:

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Not next week, not a month, now. It is not much *that* much money. I am from Sacramento, CA where our sheriff went "essentially shall issue" at the end of 2010. It became so backed up that within 4 months, there was a 6 month wait. After 11 months, the wait became so long that all appointments open for 2012 were booked through December 2012, and they closed opening any future appointments.

They will work through the backlog, eventually, but they are going very slow. Sacramento county is around 1.4 million people and so far there are ~2500 permits out, adding 40 a week to that.

The state may get a stay in the woolard case... Maybe they will, maybe they wont. But for now, you guys are shall issue so start applying!!

The more permits you have in circulation, the more people will continue to fight to keep them. Nobody will want to give up being able to protect themselves outside of their home once they start carrying.

So don't just stop at the forum members, tell your brother, sisters, girlfriends, mom, dad, cousins, grand parents, aunts, uncles, friends, etc and fill up that car of yours and go apply. :thumbsup:
    Sad to say, but that is not reality, far from it. MSP will gladly still deny applications if you do not meet their current requirements. Until they get new directives to change, they won't.

I am amazed how many people are asking about applying, some have, but needless to say, if you didn't meet their requirements last week, you don't meet them now. But hey, weirder things have happened, I am encouraged to be proven wrong.

mag360

Mar 6, 2012
    they can't deny you for lack of "good and substantial reason", that was just thrown out. if and only if it is stayed, then the MSP would be able to deny you. A denial of "nobody has shown us new rules" won't hold up at all.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    they can't deny you for lack of "good and substantial reason", that was just thrown out. if and only if it is stayed, then the MSP would be able to deny you. A denial of "nobody has shown us new rules" won't hold up at all.
    Go apply! :thumbsup:

mag360

Mar 6, 2012
    there are a few people from calguns.net that are applying. I never go to Maryland, so I'm not going to apply, but trust me, there are people out here in CA who are doing just that.

Gray Peterson

Aug 18, 2009
    Lynnwood, WA
    Sad to say, but that is not reality, far from it. MSP will gladly still deny applications if you do not meet their current requirements. Until they get new directives to change, they won't.

I am amazed how many people are asking about applying, some have, but needless to say, if you didn't meet their requirements last week, you don't meet them now. But hey, weirder things have happened, I am encouraged to be proven wrong.

That's not correct.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Do not apply if you cannot afford it. Food, rent, gas, childcare, these things come first.

Do not apply if you won't pass the background check.

But if you can and do apply, remember, MSP claims they approve 97% of applicants, because no one applies. :)

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    I believe they will sit on the applications as they have sat on other issues, like the certified collector made up requirement for 2 regulated purchases. Then they will probably come up with a special Maryland training class requirement and deny pending applications for that reason. You pretty much know they will not do anything unless forced.

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    I believe they will sit on the applications as they have sat on other issues, like the certified collector made up requirement for 2 regulated purchases. Then they will probably come up with a special Maryland training class requirement and deny pending applications for that reason. You pretty much know they will not do anything unless forced.

this... they won't deny because of G&S; they will hold for a stay or put some regulation in place.

but i'm thinking applying is still a good thing. i think they will be hard pressed to replace G&S w/ some class or other BS while your application is pending.

but IMHO there is a 99% chance your money is gone... at least this time

PS I'm still doing it FWIW

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Do not apply if you won't pass the background check.

It's nothing more than the check we already go through for a regulated firearm, right? Would a 45 day liscense suspension for violation of a restriction, ( read, under 21, alcohol restriction) from 6 years ago disqualify me?

I hope not, I want to apply and it didn't matter to Florida or Utah.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom