So No CCW, What Are Your Options for Protection?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    With no CCW, what do you use for protection when traveling in the Baltimore or simply walking the dog around your 'hood?

Chemical or Electrical?
    Knife or Box Cutter?
    "Walking Tall Stick"?
    Brass Knuckles or just some large brass cojones?

Throw the money clip and run the oposite way?

Illegal CCW if necessary?

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Here ya go. ya don't really have many other options. Just put this on your head and you'll be safe

Attachments

• Condom_rolled.jpg
      Condom_rolled.jpg
      23.8 KB · Views: 354

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    make your body into a lethal weapon. That is what I did.

It is much more efficient than a gun and it increases your life expectancy because it keeps you in shape.

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville

Legal for concealed carry defensive use despite confusing wording in the statutes. You can be prosecuted for carrying pepper spray if you use it in a crime, but not for defending yourself.

Electrical?

Tasers are expensive and the non taser "stun guns" don't do crap. Either way, they're banned in a number of counties, including AA and Baltimore.

Non-automatic folders (aka pen knives, pocket knives) are legal with no length restriction to carry concealed. Fixed blades and butterfly knives can be carried openly.

or Box Cutter?

Covered under the same rules as folders.

"Walking Tall Stick"?

Legal as long as it's not a sword cane and carried openly. Concealed collapseable batons are one of the things we haven't fully figured out.

Brass Knuckles

Illegal to carry concealed and illegal to purchase.

I personally carry a few folding knives around simply because I find them useful on a daily basis, have some martial arts training that I plan to add to, and plan to pick up some Fox labs pepper spray for more options.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    When placed in a self defense situation it’s best to do what the anti gunners say, surrender and then hope they don’t kill you, then wait until it’s over and call the Police. I would also suggest crying out loud and begging for your life. In some circumstances showing pictures of your loved ones will repel a mugging crack head faster than any gun because they are normally well mannered, articulate and caring people. Obey their will and never look them in the eye. Be as submissive as possible. Remember it’s your duty as a Marylander to be a good victim.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Five of these. What are you some kind of sissy man?

Only five? Not Ten? Oh, forgot you're an EOD guy.

Of course, there is no obstacles or problems in life that the right amount of C4 can't remove. I remember that when I had to learn how to create tank abatis and other fun stuff at the "Patton Prepatory School for Boys" aka Ft Knox. :D

Last edited:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    make your body into a lethal weapon. That is what I did.

It is much more efficient than a gun and it increases your life expectancy because it keeps you in shape.

agreed with mark. some self defense goes a long way, plus in a lot of situations where someone would pop out you probably wouldnt have time to draw a gun or knife anyway...the best response even if armed a lot of times may be a good swift kick to the nuts or punch to the throat. plus with your body in shape you'll get some more a$$ which is always a plus. bas rutten has some good tapes out there if you're a loner and wanna drill at home with a partner or something, may also save you money. if u've got time and cash though give ol' krav maga a try. there's a nice place right near apple ford

Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    Eyes, nuts, throat, knees. Those are the places I am going for.......I am only a green belt in Hupkwondo, but it's amazing how effective what just a little pressure in any of those places can be. Also as a women I believe we have a slight advantage in the "suprise" element as most BG's don't expect us to fight back let alone hit the bulls eye in their crotch.

Another thing I think is very important, especially as a chick, is walk like you got a set. It is well known that BG's look for down cast eyes, slumped shoulders, general poor posture. Walk strong, walk purposfully. It may not be the walk they use on the cat walks in the fashion district but it might get the BG's to choose a different victim.

Of course, I would still rather be carrying..........

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    The way you carry yourself is the first thing that gets noticed,it either puts you danger of further scrutiny,or convinces the maggot you're to much trouble.Dogs are more aggressive when they sense your fear.

+1 Houndkeeper

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom