• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jazz_guns

Apr 2, 2020
    Annapolis
    Has anyone here ever bought them from the PX on base? I didn't see any but maybe that's because of the recent panic buying (I was there last week and their shelf was empty)

Anyways, if you have access you can buy them online and be shipped on base. They won't ship rifles that has 20-30rd mags though, weird.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I have never seen 30 rounders in MD PXs, (FT Meade/Andrews AFB) They are pretty astute to the state laws. If you say that you can have them shipped on Post, that would be you best bet. Or wait for the next VA or PA Gunshow...

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    You won't see them in MD px's. They follow MD law.

In fact, you probably can't get then in VA either, unless they stopped checking.

I used to work near Ft Belvoir, and I bought a few pistol & rifle mags there on occasion. Then one day I went to pick up more (post 2013), and they were checking driver's licenses. If you were from MD, no mags for you! (Over 10 rounds anyway).

I argued with him that purchase was legal, and he agreed but said they had received notice that since they were an FFL they had to follow laws of the state of residence of the purchaser. He didn't specify where the notice was from... AAFES manangement, ATF, the guy running the food court....

jazz_guns

Apr 2, 2020
    Annapolis
    You won't see them in MD px's. They follow MD law.

In fact, you probably can't get then in VA either, unless they stopped checking.

I used to work near Ft Belvoir, and I bought a few pistol & rifle mags there on occasion. Then one day I went to pick up more (post 2013), and they were checking driver's licenses. If you were from MD, no mags for you! (Over 10 rounds anyway).

I argued with him that purchase was legal, and he agreed but said they had received notice that since they were an FFL they had to follow laws of the state of residence of the purchaser. He didn't specify where the notice was from... AAFES manangement, ATF, the guy running the food court....

Thanks for clarifying. They probably need to update their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom