• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    I love the "it's not a problem until it is" approach :party29: I doubt anybody will bitch until I start beating them...and I'll try not to do that for a while ;)

:fingerscrossed: for May

I was one of the revolver shooters and i wouldnt bitch :lol: Its not like the 9mm coming out of my SW929 has all that much recoil either:thumbsup:
    As it is i was both first and last in the revolver division in the last shoot.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    But if we printed out that response and used it as a target, it would be big enough even for ME to hit it!

I’m glad rimfire is allowed at these things. It enables or intrigues a fair number of folks. Revolvers, on the other hand? Well that’s just self abuse if it ain’t a Cowboy Action shoot. But you’re only really up against yourself, no matter which bucket you get put in, or at least that’s how I’d like to think of this whole thing.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I was one of the revolver shooters and i wouldnt bitch :lol: Its not like the 9mm coming out of my SW929 has all that much recoil either:thumbsup:
    As it is i was both first and last in the revolver division in the last shoot.

I'm pretty sure the other guy I shoot against also uses a 929 also. I haven't beat him yet, mostly because he's a much better shot :o but I do kinda like him knowing that I'm there :D Plus, he's got a whole extra chamber! On the regular stages, it's no big deal...but they've been doing some madness type ones (not quite as big as AGC), and I definitely could have used an extra round :innocent0

But if we printed out that response and used it as a target, it would be big enough even for ME to hit it!

I’m glad rimfire is allowed at these things. It enables or intrigues a fair number of folks. Revolvers, on the other hand? Well that’s just self abuse if it ain’t a Cowboy Action shoot. But you’re only really up against yourself, no matter which bucket you get put in, or at least that’s how I’d like to think of this whole thing.
    I inadvertently shot a match kinda cowboy style a couple of months ago :o The new moon clips for my M1917 had a bur on them that bound up the cylinder too tight for double action to work. I could yank the hammer back to finish the match in single action...but somehow lost "slow is smooth smooth is fast" in the process. A little bit of grinding (on all 40 of them!), and I'm confident we'll be able to shoot 20th century style...if I can ever afford that much .45acp:innocent0

Heck, by the time we do get to shoot again, I may be able to afford to go back to centerfire anyway!:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom