• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I prep because sometimes life comes at you fast. Who in LA planned on a helicopter taking out their power lines today? Now all the frozen food they just bought for the virus famine is at risk.

Attachments

• 5B38C4C0-FB8D-4222-9842-7484A6650A23.jpeg
      5B38C4C0-FB8D-4222-9842-7484A6650A23.jpeg
      45.7 KB · Views: 401

DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    Never gave much thought as to where our drugs come from. I guess I'm like all the sheep in that regard. There is no way we should be getting any of our drugs from China. I don't even trust dog treats from them. We should make it a priority to reduce what we buy from China.

I too had no idea about the fact that most of our drugs come from China. I thought it was just TV’s and cheap tools I pickup at Harbor Freight. But apparently a recent Department of Commerce study found that 97 percent of all antibiotics in the United States came from China. Scary stuff.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Excellent

Can the threads from the Beans group be moved here?

Or will they need to be recreated?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'm a terrible prepper, but hope to get better. Picking up ammo tomorrow and just withdraw a good chunk of cash to have on hand. My wife is going to lose it when I started buying cans of beans.

I took this event as a good chance to come clean with my wife and share my previous prep actions.

We don’t have unlimited financial resources so when I was saying no to things she feels were important and then buying guns, ammo, prep supplies and building up some emergency cash reserves. I really felt a bit guilty about that. I don’t like hiding things from her but it’s been hard to explain some previous expenditures without seeming a bit silly, so I just did so secretly.

I hope that going forward we can work together on preparation plans because that would be a more effective way to do it.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Little late on the draw...prepping essentials really should have been addressed a few weeks ago when average folks thought everything was ok. Longer term preps- well who’s crazy now???

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Little late on the draw...prepping essentials really should have been addressed a few weeks ago when average folks thought everything was ok. Longer term preps- well who’s crazy now???

This really isn't connect to current affairs - it was on my radar some time ago, though I will concede that the current crisis may have ramped up the schedule.

There was request to have one here years ago and I fought it tooth and nail because there were frankly too many people who were into the black helicopters and jack-booted thug mentality who were jerking off at the thought of something happening.

I think we've matured, at least in that regard, and it's time to put it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom