• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    my girlfriends bag is funny because it has the absolute minimal tools but she brings a snack like cheese-its and a drink and any targets that have cute pictures like squirrels or birds on them rolled into it. I always look at her bag and think only a woman...... the bag also has pink on it, im pretty sure a guy pointed and laughed at me when i was stapling her target of a cute little squirrel chewing on an acorn to the stand in shame

jorjohn11

Feb 26, 2006
    Anne Arundel County
    Ear plugs
    targets
    target repair centers
    staplegun
    masking tape - for targets and/or blackening sights
    score/note book & pen
    leatherman
    handtowel
    spotting scope
    lens cleaning wipes
    cleaning rod sections
    ammonia and solvent
    sight tool
    Water

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    In addition to alot of these great ideas, I keep a poncho in the bag just in case it starts raining. Me and my weapons can take the rain, but why should we have to.

ssjones

Nov 22, 2008
    Nice thread. I'm new to this shooting hobby and appreciate the tips.

I stick a big trash bag in nearly every bag I carry (race track, bike saddlebag, etc.). Nice to cover a wet seat/bench after rain, emergency poncho/gear cover, etc.

B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    +1 on the Bagmaster :thumbsup:.
    Great products, great customer service......

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    what is the general opinion on size of the bag. Being new we all tend to get too big.
    I am looking at the Midway.

Now the competition bag sounds like it's big, holds everything I own and then some, plus all those good ideas I've read below.

But it might be way too damn big considering I only own one pistol.

So I could go Compact...but then I might really get into all this and buy 3 or 4 more pistols.

Any suggestions?

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    gerber tool, rags, a couple allen keys, CLP, toothbrush, cigerrettes, cr123 batteries, hockey puck batteries, and some scope batteries.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    what is the general opinion on size of the bag. Being new we all tend to get too big.

Now the competition bag sounds like it's big, holds everything I own and then some, plus all those good ideas I've read below.

So I could go Compact...but then I might really get into all this and buy 3 or 4 more pistols.

Any suggestions?

Buy big, then buy more pistols:D

ssjones

Nov 22, 2008

Any suggestions?
    I have the Compact and shoot two pistols (with gear for two people) and two different ammo types. It's full, but I could put in a few more boxes of ammo. My two, non-folding Winchester ear muffs soak up a lot of room. Usually more room is a good thing, but any more in that bag and it wouldn't be much fun to lug around. I bet mine weighs 20 lbs fully loaded.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I could type a real laundry list for this one, but it follows the pattern most of the others have indicated. My 1992 era, repaired three times Dillon blue bag goes over 20 pounds before the pistols are put in it. I am sure I am missing a few items but a quick intentory via memory includes:

binoculars,
    squib rods and minor tools,
    speed loaders and mag loaders,
    staple gun and staples,
    universal holster and timer,
    mag holders and spare magazines,
    targets and range log booklets and a pen,
    two pistol pouches,
    wiping rags, brushes, CLP and cleaning gear,
    my perscription shooting glasses for iron sights,
    even one set of stock grips for the Redhawk since it is usually with me.

I can get all this, at least 4 full size pistols in the bag, which may include a scoped T/C Contender with 10" barrel and a 1911 22 conversion kit and two mags for it. And if pushing the envelope, I can shoe horn more into it.

I do keep incidental amounts of 3 calibers of ammo in it since I generally work with those calibers plus what I shoot on practice days. This way I can put the pistols in and go.

This bag goes 35 pounds or more. Its a work horse and has a well used shoulder strap. A separate filled ammo bag will accompany me to a match along with necessary match specific gear.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Bag: Only Three things for Range time.

Pistols, AMMO and Glasses,

I dont need the earplugs, Its worthless but I have a small earplugs incase they make me wear those :)

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Where is a good place to get said bags? I've been thinking of getting one.

For just BSing around, and especially at Elk Neck. I use pillowcases. 4 pillowcases for 50lbs of sand. 25lbs each then doubled up. Just be careful with muzzlebrakes (tears the fabric up). They hold target legs well in the wind too and if you forget them you aren't out much money.

trippinout

Nov 12, 2008
    Fort Meade
    I always take my Nikon and video camera for shooting people when it is not my turn to be shooting targets. Although not in my range bag, it always goes WITH my range bag.

Great suggestions on some of the items!! Definitely adding to my bag!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom