• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    The launching of illegal fireworks has started.

The dog has already had a scare, and the wife is wondering.

I'm guessing we're in for 3 days of this, and at least 2 calls to local PD....

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Huh, I just tend to put up with it, let people have their entertainment for the year.

Aug 19, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    The launching of illegal fireworks has started.

The dog has already had a scare, and the wife is wondering.

I'm guessing we're in for 3 days of this, and at least 2 calls to local PD....

;)

image.jpg

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    first one just went off here. my dogs are already freaking. tomorrow night will be rough on them. thank goodness for Benadryl.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I don't care if people want to do it to have fun. I can tolerate my dogs barking at midnight a couple days out of the year.

What I distinctly dislike is the fact that we live at the end of the court where my neighbor, a self-appointed fireworks guru, puts on his show for the three households on the street that are interested. For several nights. I dislike this, because all of the detritus, powder, and other assorted shit from their fireworks gets all over my cars. It's not that it's just dirty, it's that it is corrosive too.

My wife's Acura RDX now has numerous nickel-sized pockmarks permanently burned all over into the clearcoat on the roof and trunk, looks like shit. This happened before I realized what not getting this stuff off quickly could do. My Mustang (yellow) also now has a few nice burn marks in the plastic hood scoop.

This, despite the fact that I have nicely gone out and asked them to go do fireworks someplace where the shit won't fall all over my cars, like perhaps somewhere where the shit will fall all over their cars instead. And they were nice and apologized, and went out and did the same thing two weeks later, albeit on a smaller scale. And of course behind my back I'm now the ******* who doesn't want anyone to have fun.

I try to be a good neighbor and not bother anybody. I've never called the sheriff on them (though others have), asked them for financial remuneration, or even brought up the damage to my wife's paint job. They can have all the fireworks they want as far as I'm concerned, just leave my stuff undamaged by it. But I'm getting tired of having to go out at 2AM and rinse my cars off all the time.

Rant off :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We got nothin here. If we start getting a lot of fireworks, I'm shooting AR's off the deck.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Doesn't bother me, we keep the dogs in the kitchen with a fan going and the radio on, they don't seem to mind. It's once a year for a couple of hours, starts at around 8:30 and done by 10.

I've never noticed any damage to our cars, now that would piss me off. They are not shooting off the big aerials though, and we have trees covering our house and driveway so maybe that helps.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I don't miss the annual fireworks extravaganza from my old neighborhood. A-holes lit off stuff my last year there that rattled my windows and caused my 4 year old to wake up screaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom