• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3gunnut

Sep 10, 2014
    Steel Challenge Friday Dec 5 (AM and PM slots) and Sat Dec 6 (AM slots only) at AAFG in Annapolis MD.

Slot reservation required via email - see instructions below

email signup: aafgidpa-owner@yahoogroups.com

Slot confirmation emails will be sent

Matches fill up quick, if you have an interest in attending, don't delay in requesting a slot via email

AAFG is pleased to announce its first official Steel Challenge match, which will take place Friday, December 5th. This match will include the following Steel Challenge stages, as described in the attached course of fire:
    Five to Go
    Roundabout
    Pendulum
    Smoke & Hope
    Accelerator

In addition there will be a single stage side match using our new charging target. Click on this link to see the charging target in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxI9Gbhwba0#t=106

The round count is a minimum of 134. Match fee is $15 for AAFG club members and $25 for non-members.

Current AAFG experienced Action Pistol shooters can show up at 0900. If you are new to AAFG but an experienced action pistol (IDPA, USPSA, SC, IPSC, Cowboy) shooter (provide description of experience), please show up at 08:30 for familiarization training.

Shooting divisions are as follows:

1. Centerfire Pistol:
    Open
    Limited
    Single Stack
    Production
    Revolver

2. Rimfire Pistol:
    Open
    Iron Sights

3. Rimfire Rifle:
    Open
    Iron Sights

If there is sufficient interest among shooters and safety officers, we will have a second relay in the afternoon. Show time for the second relay will be 12:30 PM. Shooters may elect to shoot in one division in the morning and a different division in the afternoon.

To sign up, please provide your name, type of gun and division (for example, Centerfire Revolver or Rimfire Rifle Open) and whether you are a member of AAFG. If you are an experienced participant in any action shooting sport (USPSA, IDPA, SC, Cowboy Action) please provide your member number and current classification. If you are new to action shooting sports, tell us and plan to show up at 8:30 Friday. Please indicate whether you are interested in shooting Friday morning, afternoon or both. If both, please identify your division for each relay.

Signup begins now for the AAFG Steel Challenge Match on Friday, December 5th.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Which of the centerfire competitions allow red dots and/or projected lasers? Any links to rules?

3gunnut

Sep 10, 2014
    If you have never shot any type of action pistol that uses a holster, you can shoot rimfire rifle or pistol ... On friday or saturday.

Red dot etc on centerfire pistols will put you in open division

3gunnut

Sep 10, 2014
    Rules can be found at www steelchallenge dot com

No need to be a member of scsa or aafg to participate in this event

We just require that you email for a slot since we must control the number of shooters. It is easier to get a slot for Fri vs Sat usually

3gunnut

Sep 10, 2014
    If traffic is an issue, you can request a PM slot on Friday ... Will have a slightly earlier show up time if you are new to competitions ie noon vs 12:30 etc

Although, this Friday is Black Friday so everyone will be at the mall vs stuck on the beltway !

Rimfire division is the best route for those new to action shooting.

3gunnut

Sep 10, 2014
    Sure ... Please email the match registrar at aafgidpa-owner@yahoogroups.com and let him know you are interested in watching a match. He can get you directions and will let the MD know to look out for you. Bring eyes and ears.

There are matches this Sat and next Sat from starting at 10am and ending at 1pm

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Can we shoot 2 guns in the same squad like most SC events? I guess not from the description. And since the PNTC SC match is Saturday PM I will have to take a shift of work to make the Friday AM squad.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I'm in for both AM and PM on Friday. Even though I could shoot centerfire I plan on shooting rimfire like I have been doing recently.

Good to see you today. At some point you'll have to show me how it's done with a rimfire. The matches you describe sound like a lot of fun. I still want to try a steel challenge with a 15-22. I bet that would be a lot of fun!

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    I attended on Friday. I unfortunately had magazine issues and had to drop out. But I found everyone there to be very friendly and helpful. The facility and the organization were top notch. I intend on going back again!

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I shot on Saturday and like several prior matches at AAFG it was a very well organized, safe and friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended to anyone that hasn't already attended a match at AAFG.

Swearengen

Nov 13, 2012
    Baltimore Co.
    I ended up winning my division and had a great time. Definitely looking forward to more Steel Challenge. AAFG put on a great match as is usual; well organized, safe, and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom