Who reloads in their apartment, condo, townhouse?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Where do you reload?

• Apartment

Votes: 6 7.1%
    • Condo

Votes: 3 3.6%
    • Townhouse

Votes: 23 27.4%
    • Multi-family dwelling

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Single family home

Votes: 46 54.8%
    • elsewhere

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I am wondering where people reload (e.g., apartment, condo, townhouse, multifamily dwelling, single family home, etc.)

PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME IN THIS THREAD WHERE YOU RELOAD. PLEASE JUST ANSWER THE POLL.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

There are serious issues & ramifications with the local fire codes & personal liability issues if a fires starts in your multifamily residence & spreads to other peoples homes...

You need to think about this & discuss it with your fire insurance carrier...

If you ever saw a condo or apartment building burn, you'd understand...

We had a condo fire near where I live 2 years ago...

It took 13 months before the 24 families could move back in...

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Sgt Preston here...

There are serious issues & ramifications with the local fire codes & personal liability issues if a fires starts in your multifamily residence & spreads to other peoples homes...

You need to think about this & discuss it with your fire insurance carrier...

If you ever saw a condo or apartment building burn, you'd understand...

We had a condo fire near where I live 2 years ago...

It took 13 months before the 24 families could move back in...

Good advice for those in a condo or townhouse.

I should be alright though. I currently live in a 4,200 sf single family residence on 2 acres. Think my neighbors will be alright since their lots are between 2 and 5 acres in size and houses are pretty far apart here.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Reloading or not you better have good liability insurance.
    Our beach condo took water damage that took 4 months to repair. The offending condo 3 floors above us was the only condo where the sprinkler went off. It caused enough damage that 3 of us other condos took about 30K each of property damage and about 25K each of rental loss. The condo association pays for the building insurance though, but the offending unit has to pay us 3 back for loss of use and our upgrades.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I live in the middle of 640 acres and my nearest neighbor is about a mile and a half down the road. Where I live everybody minds there own biz. If I had a house or shop fire it would be burned up before the fire dept got here.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I lived in an apartment years back. There were no regulations. I just kept a minimium amount of powder and primers on hand. So most of my reloading kept the powder and primer components to a minimum. So did the cash available.

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    Is it possible for somebody (e.g., law enforcement) to figure out the actual name and address of somebody responding to the poll, and only the poll?

I am no technology guru, that is for sure.
    Short answer; yes, and while I doubt it would be enough for PC, this is MD. Anything is possible; they tax rain.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    I re-load in a .....

.....jail. This is no s*it. The outbuilding on my property was formerly a temporary holding jail in the first half of the 1900's. The bars still exist in one window. When it was no longer used as a jail, the town used it as a garage, then sold the whole building to my father. It was jacked up, put on wheels and moved to our property where my father converted into his "tinkerin' shop" and later installed reloading equipment.
    :cool:

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    could someone point to where reloading in a multi-family dwelling is illegal? I did a very quick google search and found in the Public Safety Article - Title 11. Explosives:

"11-105. License required; exceptions (2) A person may not possess or store explosives for use in firearms in any quantity in multifamily dwellings, apartments, dormitories, hotels, schools, other public buildings, or buildings or structures open for public use. "

Wouldn't this include ammunition as is?

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    could someone point to where reloading in a multi-family dwelling is illegal? I did a very quick google search and found in the Public Safety Article - Title 11. Explosives:

"11-105. License required; exceptions (2) A person may not possess or store explosives for use in firearms in any quantity in multifamily dwellings, apartments, dormitories, hotels, schools, other public buildings, or buildings or structures open for public use. "

Wouldn't this include ammunition as is?

It's on mdshooters somewhere...I'll go looking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom