• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kdmag88

Jan 10, 2018
    hello,

I tried searching this site for some answers and couldn't find much specific to this. I am a MD resident with no HQL (don't like registering for anything any more then I have to) and looking to purchase a C&R eligible handgun. From what I can tell is c&r items are exempt from requiring a HQL. I still need to get it transferred through a FFL and need to wait the 5 days or whatever it is. can anyone confirm this? I tried contacting a small local shop with no real answer. I figured you guys would know for sure.

thanks,
    KDM

arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Some if not a lot of the ffl guys are chicken and afraid to even attempt the transfer. They are ignorant. I have the 77r in for my 5th C&R handgun and have no hql or c&r. I actually just sold a c&r piustol to a fellow at a state police barricks and he had no licenses of any kind. Get with it BBBPS

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    Some if not a lot of the ffl guys are chicken and afraid to even attempt the transfer. They are ignorant. I have the 77r in for my 5th C&R handgun and have no hql or c&r. I actually just sold a c&r piustol to a fellow at a state police barricks and he had no licenses of any kind. Get with it BBBPS

i haven't had one problem using Gunbroker, although i have heard others have.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    i haven't had one problem using Gunbroker, although i have heard others have.

I always email the seller on GB about using C&R license. There are many who won't take it; often they say so in their ads. So I give my money to someone else instead.

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    I always email the seller on GB about using C&R license. There are many who won't take it; often they say so in their ads. So I give my money to someone else instead.

true. I haven't asked. I look for ads that say c&r ok. Haven't had an issue. Waiting for an issue with being a MD resident but good so far.

kdmag88

Jan 10, 2018
    thank you guys very much. I got much less conclusive answers in a hours of searching than I did from you all. now I just need to find a place willing to work with me.

thanks!
    KDM

kdmag88

Jan 10, 2018
    Just out of curiousity...have you ever made a purchase of a firearm at a FFL dealer in Md?

yes, I've bought directly from a ffl gun shop and I've also bought something online and had it shipped to another ffl for the transfer. this was all before the HQL bull. And this would be my first C&R.

kdmag88

Jan 10, 2018
    Well, it's been a while. however long the laws been in effect plus maybe a year since my last purchase. my memory isn't that good i guess.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    true. I haven't asked. I look for ads that say c&r ok. Haven't had an issue. Waiting for an issue with being a MD resident but good so far.

A couple years ago I bought an old Savage Model 99 off Gunbroker. The seller originally said he would only ship to an 01 FFL. Before I bid I sent him a link to the C&R section on the ATF website, showing the rifle was eligible, and he agreed to honor my C&R license and send it to me.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome !

The 7 Day thing has been since 1966 . It HAS been a while since you purchased .

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    In this day an age everyone want an instant answer no one want to read and learn.:rolleyes:

Hand Guns that are 10 rounds or less and a C&R purchase outside the state of Maryland with a FFl/03 C&R Lic no HQL shipped to your door step.

Inside the state HQL FFL transfer, 77r. 7 day wait all that BS your FFL/03 C&R Lic is no good, if your are retired/Active Mil/LEO no HQL but you have to deal approved gun list.

Long gun have a different but less restrictions, still got that 10 round BS.

Sticky at the top of the C & R forum is always a good start point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom