• ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I've probably lots of freedom munitions 9mm in glocks. 100%

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    I like Freedom Munitions ammo. It's better for me than WWB. No issues through 200 rds of reman 124 grain 9mm

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Another meaningless data point, I've had a few thousand through a Sig 228, G19 gen 3, and G17 gen 4. No issues with any of them.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I've shot 4000-5000 rounds of 9mm with only 1-2 FTF. When emailing them about the FTFs they sent me a free box of ammo to make up for it.
    Great product.
    Great price.
    Great customer service.

No reason whatsoever to buy anything else to use at the range other than to waste your money.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I may have to give it another chance. Perhaps the plethora of bad stuff here was from a certain batch? It seems that the three folks I know who had issues bought it all at a local gun show. Different calibers, but all from the same show.

I may have shot my mouth off too soon.....going from other folks experiences and not shooting the ammo myself. It happens when you get old and senile like me.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    The only thing I noticed is the 9mm I've shot has a very light crimp. My 1911 would not chamber a round that had been chambered previously due to the bullet being driven into the case. I then chamdered some rounds, ejected, then measured OAL and they were all drastically short!

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I laugh at my father when he and I do to the range. He shoots new brand name ammo while I shoot my Freedom ammo and will stop shooting because he spends so much on his fancy pants ammo. It's also funny when mine runs through my Cougar flawlessly and his name brand stuff jams up and FTFs.
    In your face old man.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I've shot FM and also some other factory reloads from other companies. They are not always what you would consider match grade but for the prices it good enough.

Several years ago I purchased reman 5.56 ammo and some numerous pistol ammo from Freedom Munitions. Here's two 5.56 from the 1st box of 50 that I pulled out of the 500 rounds I ordered from them. I was so disgusted with what I saw I didn't waste my time checking the other boxes. I've had a lot of heavily dented pistol brass also fresh right out of the boxes. I'll stick with Georgia Arms and Underwood Ammo from now on till I get set back up to start reloading once again. I'm not at all impressed with Freedom Munitions.

Attachments

• Freedom Munitions.jpg
      Freedom Munitions.jpg
      45.7 KB · Views: 132

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    I've shot about 2k rounds of 9mm with no issues. 500 of which were their remanufactured stuff. I didn't notice any difference in performance between their new stuff and the remanufactured. I'm probably going to stay away from their remanufactured stuff just out of paranoia of voiding firearm warranty.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The only thing I noticed is the 9mm I've shot has a very light crimp. My 1911 would not chamber a round that had been chambered previously due to the bullet being driven into the case. I then chamdered some rounds, ejected, then measured OAL and they were all drastically short!

Was this ammo loaded with plated bullets? Given a flare which will not shave lead off the sides of a bullet, I've noticed plated bullets will set back on feeding much more than true jacketed or cast bullets. Cases with many reloading cycles work harden and won't hold the bullets tight enough as well. Typically, commercial reloaders only use once fired brass, though.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I've shot about 2k rounds of 9mm with no issues. 500 of which were their remanufactured stuff. I didn't notice any difference in performance between their new stuff and the remanufactured. I'm probably going to stay away from their remanufactured stuff just out of paranoia of voiding firearm warranty.

Same here, but since price between new and reman is negligible, I'd go for the new if FM was my only choice.

Never had any issues with it in a handgun, but had several dozen FTEs in a blowback carbine that normally digests any ammo i throw at it. It DEFINITELY has lighter loads than any other store bought ammo I have ever shot, but not a real bad price when you get the free shipping deal with it.

I was lucky enough to find a good supply of the Perfecta when it was on sale at Wally World. I've also had great results with Federal Aluminum, which is less than $10 a box of 50 at Walmart everyday.

I had a problem with FM with a 1000rd purchase of new 9mm, which they rectified, but after waiting almost 2 weeks for the original delivery, a week for someone to address my issue, and over 2 weeks for a box of 50 to replace the 23 that were well under the recommended OAL, I'll not buy it again. Even with free shipping, you can match or beat the price locally with a more consistently loaded name brand ammunition.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    1000s of rounds of FM 9mm fired through my Glocks , have had 1 light load and I bad primer, that's it. FM is all I shoot for practice and steel/3 gun

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Was this ammo loaded with plated bullets? Given a flare which will not shave lead off the sides of a bullet, I've noticed plated bullets will set back on feeding much more than true jacketed or cast bullets. Cases with many reloading cycles work harden and won't hold the bullets tight enough as well. Typically, commercial reloaders only use once fired brass, though.
    Yes they're plated. If I remember I'll run a few through my crimp die and see how they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom