• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    ...you wouldn't shoot your neighbor's dog for crapping on your lawn during a walk, or his kids ball if it goes over your fence....

These things (generally) are not deliberate. That is the difference I see here.

Correct. Any of the commercially available RC quads really can't see much unless your really close.

As far as the right to privacy goes that can be debated all day long. I had a neighbor taking pictures of my property and family once because he thought I was doing something illegal. He was doing it from his property on his side of the fence with a large camera lens. When I called the police I was told that its not against the law as long as he did not enter onto my property. So I just used a camera and started taking pictures back and that ended the issue. However, I'm not saying what OPs neighbor is doing is OK, but the idiotic comments about further breaking the law or the foil hat crowd thinking his neighbor is trying to see his junk changes my perception of the member base of this group.

So you shoot your neighbors RC down, He has video of you doing it that he turns over to the police along with saying your an aggressive person. He wants compensation for his "toy" NOW the cops want to talk to you about your firearm collection and are not only looking at him but also you. You have drawn attention to yourself...more headaches.....use your heads fellas.

http://readwrite.com/2014/10/03/you-cant-shoot-down-a-drone

Why don't you come up with one plausible explanation where you think it would be this neighbor's legitimate right to deliberately be flying this thing around his house. Then maybe the "member base" of this group will start giving a sh!t about your opinion on the matter. Legality doesn't even enter into it. It's not like he lives in a community with small lots. He is 150yds away from the closest house. So, let's hear this legitimate reason a neighbor has to be buzzing his house? Dude is being a nosey prick at best. Be a prick, don't be surprised when peoples are pricks back.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Tether a large helium balloon at about 150' - 250', with light monofilament, on the upwind end of your property.

Every 20' or so, to the main tether line, attach another piece of lightweight monofilament, maybe 20' - 30' long. The balloon will drift somewhat downwind, and the smaller lengths of line will hang down, increasing the odds that the copter's blades will become entangled.

Obviously, you want to make sure that the balloon and lines stay over your own property, so the drone doesn't fall onto someone else's property and possibly endanger them.

Even if the guy's drone doesn't get entangled, he will see the setup and figure out that it's not worth the risk to buzz your house again.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Sling shot or pellet gun. No firearms.

Yes, I would bring it down in a second.

Bonus points if you could get a directional antenna on it. Crank up the signal and just let it fall from the sky. That might be a fun project.

hollyb1

Oct 11, 2012
    Halethorpe
    Amazing levels of hypocrisy. From the post by DD214 Forum Rules "Illegal Activity: No threads or posts discussing how to violate laws." I think several links have been posted showing that shooting down a drone violates a number of laws so continued discussion violates the forum rules. We are quick to shut people down who suggest violating firearms regulations but many people are advocating violating the law in this case. Now video taping your neighbors drone, and then filing a complaint with the FAA, while not as cathartic as shooting the drone, could end up with thousands of dollars worth of fines.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Are there voyeurism laws in Maryland?
    Can you set up your telescope or zoom lensed camera and watch and photograph your neighbor? How about if he's in his house, and you're peering through his windows?
    I'd be pretty upset with a guy flying a drone a few yards over my house. At what point does it become a hazard to me and my family?

By the way, in listening to the Baltimore city scanner since the riots broke out - the entire city is monitored by cameras. Officers call in on the radio and ask for intel based off the cameras. This is public space I guess but also a very thin line. Wait until the price of thermal imaging comes down as the technology increases. The cameras will be "looking" through your walls.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Amazing levels of hypocrisy. From the post by DD214 Forum Rules "Illegal Activity: No threads or posts discussing how to violate laws." I think several links have been posted showing that shooting down a drone violates a number of laws so continued discussion violates the forum rules. We are quick to shut people down who suggest violating firearms regulations but many people are advocating violating the law in this case. Now video taping your neighbors drone, and then filing a complaint with the FAA, while not as cathartic as shooting the drone, could end up with thousands of dollars worth of fines.

Man...I bet you are loads of fun at house parties.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    These things (generally) are not deliberate. That is the difference I see here.

Why don't you come up with one plausible explanation where you think it would be this neighbor's legitimate right to deliberately be flying this thing around his house. Then maybe the "member base" of this group will start giving a sh!t about your opinion on the matter. Legality doesn't even enter into it. It's not like he lives in a community with small lots. He is 150yds away from the closest house. So, let's hear this legitimate reason a neighbor has to be buzzing his house? Dude is being a nosey prick at best. Be a prick, don't be surprised when peoples are pricks back.

Did anywhere in my posts I say that it was OK for the neighbor to be flying where he was or continuing to bother others with his toy. NO. Please go back and read my post over. I was pointing out that several of the solutions to the issue that have been posted could be considered illegal and draw unneeded attention to yourself. Something that could be resolved simply and lawfully is turned into a cluster cause by both parties.
    I can clearly see the two side of this debate.....the lawful resolution (Confronting the owner, contact the police, filing a report with the FAA) and the fudd with the shutgun out in his yard about to cause more issues. You are not in immanent danger this is not a self defense situation. I tend to error on the side of the law and being this is being discussed in a firearms forum makes me a little cautious of the company.....

I'm with ya....

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    A camera equipped drone imaging someone's house while on their property falls under Peeping Tom laws. So you can handle it the friendly way if possible or not if you can't. Stick some signs up on top of your trees and house indicating your place is a no-fly zone and that aerial vehicles penetrating your airspace will be disabled, forced down, or shot down. Works for the government. Then invest in one of those compressed air BB machine guns. Or design an RC missile system. Or get your own RC helicopter and claim the mid-air collision was an accident This thread can be treated as both humor or seriousness depending on the circumstances.:D

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    99.999% of the people who fly quadcopters aren't trying to see your wife naked. They're just fun toys.

If you REALLY think someone is playing Peeping Tom with one, get one of your own, learn to fly it, and drop leaflets all over his property telling him to knock it off.

FWIW, check out the latest awesome aspect of this hobby... FPV quadcopter racing:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    What would one do if the neighbor sent over an RC car?

If it was circling my house over and over I'd snatch it up with a crab net and take it back over to him and see what his deal was. If it happened again, I'd snatch it up with a crab net and toss it in the trash can.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Go get yourself a cheap quad and battle his quad over your air space that would be awesome. You could just attach a thin long stick to your landing gear and poke him in the rotors. :lol2:

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    20110930__01ftp1-c(a)_500.jpg

140448263-617x416.jpg

Falconry-wingbeat.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

New hobby? Just saying......:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics