• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Got a disapproval today on my form 1 for a stupid mistake i made. I put my name in 3b instead of the trust.

However, the disapproval notes say NOTHING about being illegal in maryland. Not sure if that means anything. Signature looks like Jason M. something, but very unreadable.

That's Mr. Dicken. Nice guy, however he's starting to hate dealing with MD residents and the SBR issue. I've bullshitted with him more then I care to admit. They still haven't gotten any word from their legal council, so my guess is they're still sitting on the applications. He assures me once he knows something, myself or the community will know something.

I'm way past sick of this BS. Maybe its a good case for raising the minimum wage, as that's what their legal council is probably getting.

I work with a bunch of govy branches, but this one is starting to become my favorite all time loser.

Where's my tax refund!

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    Well, here's some good news. I just got notified by email that two of my efile SBR Form 1s that have been on hold since October are now APPROVED.

Looks like Ted was the examiner. Hope this means others will soon follow!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'd be curious what the BATF Technology Branch thinks of MSP's assertion that an SBR is a rifle and a handgun at the same time.

Not that it matters.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Oh man this is killing me. I've checked eforms 3 times already today, lol. I guess I can wait a bit longer.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Yup! I called Mr. Dicken earlier this morning and he said most (whatever that means) everything is cleared up and to resubmit. He also said to reference your previous disapproval permit number and disapproval date.

I asked him about rimfire SBR's under 29 inches and he "believes" those are fine as well. He apparently needs an example before he can say for sure. They also know that individual Form 1's need not be on the handgun roster.

I've already resubmitted my less then 29 inch rimfire SBR with another cover letter stating its legality and my previous disapproval.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and I'll be personally celebrating at my local bar in Westminster with a celebratory SBR beer. :beer:

Special thanks to Cpl Edwards for not giving up on this issue. Truly one of MD's finest.

Cheers everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom