• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I cribbed your note and sent it with my own Buyer's Club number and expiration date. I will post any response also.

Unlike some of the more charitable souls on this thread, I CAN and will blame them, if they don't reconsider. There is no excuse for the kind of laziness and empty scrotum syndrome their refusal to ship the AR stock signifies. None.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil..."

that attitude on their part reminds me alot of MSAR logic in refusing to do 8th day releases after every law enforcement organization said that it was legal to do so. I remember all the way through October 1, they were still talking about how all of the on time releasers were gonna lose there FFLs

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Those that will not sell legally to us are no better than Feinstein or Schumer. Period.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    that attitude on their part reminds me alot of MSAR logic in refusing to do 8th day releases after every law enforcement organization said that it was legal to do so. I remember all the way through October 1, they were still talking about how all of the on time releasers were gonna lose there FFLs

indeed. and here is the response I got:

Dear Beltbuckle,

Thank you for your email.

This restrictions is at our lawyers recommendation based on their interpretation of the law. The restrictions is based upon the fact that certain styles of stocks and accessories when attached to a weapon classified as a non-assault rifle can change its status to a "assault rifle" based upon the wording of the law once those accessories are attached. Sorry for the inconvenience in this matter.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for shopping The Sportsman's Guide!
    Chris Wilson
    Customer Service Products

I told Mr. Wilson I've placed my last order with SG.

bigweswes

Oct 4, 2012
    pasadena
    Hello bigweswes,

Unfortunately this item cannot ship to your location as they are assault rifle parts.

Due to the various state, county and municipal laws that exist, we are not always able to comply with each individual guideline.

Not all of the restrictions are based on laws on the books, but could be a company decision based on other particular concerns. These may include whether the state has law suits pending involving gun owners and recent court decisions that may affect businesses like ours.

Also, in some cases the states' laws are so vague that they could be interpreted unfavorably in the event a court action was ever involved.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    Will not renew my account with Sportsman Guide and they get no more of my money either, not even for ammo...period!

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown

Dear Beltbuckle,

This restrictions is at our lawyers recommendation based on their interpretation of the law. The restrictions is based upon the fact that certain styles of stocks and accessories when attached to a weapon classified as a non-assault rifle can change its status to a "assault rifle" based upon the wording of the law once those accessories are attached. Sorry for the inconvenience in this matter.

Chris Wilson

You should have said that using that logic, they were selling products all along that turned non-regulated firearms into regulated firearms, which normally requires registration. Further, buying replacement parts for a legally owned firearm does not change the firearm into something illegal. They should fire their lawyers and hire ones without empty scrotums.

Maybe if you had ordered something other than black it would have been ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    effing hell. Way to expand the zone. They'll get no more of my money. I'd been pleased as punch to get a handful of 17-round Glock 17 mags for my Glock 19 from them right at the buzzer (arrived 9/30, in fact), but that's all, folks.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    To those that say "I can't blame them" you most certainly can.

Businesses are either with us or against us. If they don't want to ship lawful parts/accessories to us then f**k them. There are no legal ramifications for SG sending us these parts/accessories, but they would rather "play it safe" and tell us to pi$$ up a rope. Sounds like they will never get a dime of my money. Frankly, I'd rather pay more to keep a business who is 100% with us in business.

EDIT: Make sure you advise friends, family and other forums of SG's new policy. We may be able to persuade them to change their mind since they don't really cater to Fuds.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS

Dear Beltbuckle,

Chris Wilson

if that is their responce then i recommend anyone with an active membership email them and demand atleast a partial refund for your membership dues.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie

Dear Beltbuckle,

Chris Wilson

good for you. i have never ordered from them, but now i will make sure that i never do. that's the only way we can get these retailers to take us seriously. hit them in their pockets!

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    "OMG - someone could buy something from us and use it illegally, we must stop that...even if 99.999% of our customers are honest and law-abiding, if it just stops one crime, it is worth it..."

I had been researching potentially using these jackwagons for parts/ammo. Will scratch that off of the list.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    "OMG - someone could buy something from us and use it illegally, we must stop that...even if 99.999% of our customers are honest and law-abiding, if it just stops one crime, it is worth it..."

I had been researching potentially using these jackwagons for parts/ammo. Will scratch that off of the list.

Yeah, screw them and their club. This is every bit as bad as the morons who made the laws. It's like a gas station refusing to sell gas because you might turn it into a Molotov Cocktail.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    Yeah, screw them and their club. This is every bit as bad as the morons who made the laws. It's like a gas station refusing to sell gas because you might turn it into a Molotov Cocktail.

No, it's actually like a state banning the sale of gas except for LEO and others deemed more equal than citizens, and then the gas station saying no gas or gas containers for anyone.

I fully support it.

Don't like it? Start JDove's AR Parts 'N Junk and show them how much money they are losing.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I guess using their reasoning they should be brought up on Manslaughter charges for each and every murder in every State they sold ammo to someone!!!!!!!! Their AMMO killed my cousin!!!!!:mad54:

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    No, it's actually like a state banning the sale of gas except for LEO and others deemed more equal than citizens, and then the gas station saying no gas or gas containers for anyone.

I fully support it.

Don't like it? Start JDove's AR Parts 'N Junk and show them how much money they are losing.

I was going to sat that your example was ridiculous (it is), but I guess your right. If the stated did ban gas (and not containers) and they stopped selling gas containers, they would be just as wrong (and look just as dumb) as they do now.

You fully support a vendor that is, because of their own ignorance, not providing a perfectly legal product to their customers in MD?

Look, it their business and they can do what they want, but I sure as hell dont support it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom