• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Hey Guys,

Sorry if this is a well worn topic. I have a Gen 3 Glock 34 that’s been jamming. I’m sure Glock will atttribute it to limp wristing or ammo. However I don’t have those issues with my G26 or G19. I have tried 4 different mags and keep getting these occasional FTF’s. Any ideas ?

K

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Did it just start? High round count? Maybe need a new recoil spring? Did you make any modifications, like an aftermarket barrel or recoil spring, etc? What happens when you run your G34 mages in your G19 or G26?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hey Guys,

Sorry if this is a well worn topic. I have a Gen 3 Glock 34 that’s been jamming. I’m sure Glock will atttribute it to limp wristing or ammo. However I don’t have those issues with my G26 or G19. I have tried 4 different mags and keep getting these occasional FTF’s. Any ideas ?

K

*****Could be a lot of things. Gun could be dirty, or you might have a broken or worn recoil spring, worn or dirty extractor, or worn/dirty firing pin plunger/spring, etc...

Other things could cause the jamming as well but the above covers *many* reasons you could be having issues, assuming the ammo is ok and produces enough power to properly cycle the firearm consistently.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Did it just start? High round count? Maybe need a new recoil spring? Did you make any modifications, like an aftermarket barrel or recoil spring, etc? What happens when you run your G34 mages in your G19 or G26?

*****Could be a lot of things. Gun could be dirty, or you might have a broken or worn recoil spring, worn or dirty extractor, or worn/dirty firing pin plunger/spring, etc...

Other things could cause the jamming as well but the above covers *many* reasons you could be having issues, assuming the ammo is ok and produces enough power to properly cycle the firearm consistently.

It’s actually brand new and the G17 mags runs flawlessly through the G26 and G19. I think I have maybe 400 rds through it?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If I were shooting a brand new Glock, using good ammo , and I know that I have a firm grasp and stance , I would put a bad extractor at top of the list of suspects .

( Not Glock hating , but I have seen it before with out of the box Glocks .)

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Yes, no reloads and I lubed it up the other day.

Well, there goes my two main go to problem solvers. I'd check the extractor next.

If the 17 and 34's are the same Generation, I believe you could just swap them out and see if the 17 extractor starts working in the 34?

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Have you had anyone else try it?

^^ This. That's the first thing I'd do...see if it replicates with other shooters...to rule out limp wrists, hitting the slide lock while firing, etc....if it continues, use quality ammo and see if it continues, then get into mechanical causes (recoil spring 1st).

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I reported here that my wife bought a new blue label G33 this spring that worked fine with fmj, federal hst JHP, and sig v power JHP. It would not load speer gold dot JHP, no matter what. The nose jammed aganst the feed ramp and lodged there. Sent the gun back to glock ( it was a new 2012build) and glock replaced springs, whatever and returned it after 5 weeks. Still would not fire speer gold dots. They jammed the same way. So it is carried with the HSTs and V crowns. As a PS, it ran a mag of speer GDs through an old g 27 mag without failure recently. I hate the idea its is not totally, 100% reliable, however. Had a similar problem wi5 a New G42. Never, never had an issue in over 20 years with my G27 or wife’s G 43. Not us, its he gun. Find what it likes, fire a lot of that thru the gun and stay with those rounds.

TGR

May 20, 2009
    Harford County
    Can you explain the nature of the jam a little more? Stovepipe, slide lock open, failure to feed? Some more details and might be able to help.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Pic

Attachments

• E1381BA7-5FEF-47D0-A457-BE1E47C38006.jpg
      E1381BA7-5FEF-47D0-A457-BE1E47C38006.jpg
      42.6 KB · Views: 217

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    It’s a failure to feed. It’s like a round gets peeled out of the mag but doesn’t go into battery.

Try feeding manually, pull slide back no further than just grabbing a round then let go, this may let you rule out ammo if problem is reproduced, then maybe a bad spring??

I really want to say this happened to me having to slap a few into battery when new (G34 gen3) but could have been a different pistol. I can reproduce this using an under powered reload. Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom