• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiddentrixx

Sep 17, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I hope this is the right section for this but wanted to share with you all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170928-213806.jpg
      Screenshot_20170928-213806.jpg
      95.1 KB · Views: 1,839
    May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I've had mixed experiences at Rockville. I DEFINITELY don't feel like a valued customer and I've bought 3 firearms from them. But, the same couple of dudes that have been really helpful and friendly have also been complete wankers that couldn't be bothered to offer any sort of help.
    Then I found Engage Armament and haven't been to Atlantic in awhile.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I walked in their Rockville store with $1500 cash looking for a new toy and couldn't get anyone to stop yaking with their buddy's. so out I went never to go back.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Can't speak to the SS store, but in Rockville, unfriendly counter people and high prices?

I'll pass.

This. I purchased my first gun ever from the Rockville location. I was nervous as are many 1st time buyers and the condescending attitude I received didn't make it any easier. Went back a few years later and was pretty much ignored. Never been back. Engage for the win.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I have always liked Atlantic Guns.
    They got me a nice revolver (when they had the S&W reps. at their annual open house) that no one else could seem to get and I have bought some firearms from them whose brands I never see in other stores. However I hate their location(s) and the parking situation in Silver Spring.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If they want to advertise here let them become an IP . Seems like they never have shown any interest in becoming an IP. Again I’ll pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I have nothing against Atlantic Guns..they've treated me fairly. The issue is they tend to have high prices and when they have a sale it looks like a good deal. I can and have done much better buying from Bud's Gun Shop online...at least on new guns. Good used guns are where you find them.

Hiddentrixx

Sep 17, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I have nothing against Atlantic Guns..they've treated me fairly. The issue is they tend to have high prices and when they have a sale it looks like a good deal. I can and have done much better buying from Bud's Gun Shop online...at least on new guns. Good used guns are where you find them.

Atlantic has 1 advantage over united in Rockville... When I brought my taurus pt111 last week. They gave me everything for 240 and extra mags while United didn't provide the mags.

But I do have a question about buds because there prices are cheaper.... When you order from them you have to have the gun shipped to a shop correct??? And is there any extra charge? Because they have a GREAT deal on a s&w m&p shield I saw the other day for 315 on sale. What would be the final price getting it shipped to Maryland???

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Atlantic has 1 advantage over united in Rockville... When I brought my taurus pt111 last week. They gave me everything for 240 and extra mags while United didn't provide the mags.

But I do have a question about buds because there prices are cheaper.... When you order from them you have to have the gun shipped to a shop correct??? And is there any extra charge? Because they have a GREAT deal on a s&w m&p shield I saw the other day for 315 on sale. What would be the final price getting it shipped to Maryland???

Their shipping is free to FFL of your choice.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I bought a Rem 700LR from Atlantic Guns a couple of years ago during one of their Remington blow-out sales. Good price. Met Mark Schneider who definitely knows his stuff and steered me towards a great choice in optics and replacement trigger. No complaints other than trying to find a place to park in Silver Spring. If you don't time it right, it's an exercise in frustration.

Never been in the Rockville location.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I walked in their Rockville store with $1500 cash looking for a new toy and couldn't get anyone to stop yaking with their buddy's. so out I went never to go back.

That.

Atlantic is an institution and use to have a gun store in DC. I give them credit fighting legal battles in Maryland, and have purchased three handguns with them over the past decades. I don't envy gun shop owners in Maryland. It's hard enough to make a customer happy with a sale. If a new future gun owner walks in, 99% of the time they can't even make a deal. Some prospective customers will say F all this (HQL, waiting period etc) or after they go through all the hoops, perhaps stumble on a better deal elsewhere. So the sales person invests time explaining what must be done, where to go etc, with no guarantee they'll be back. It has to grind them down. Atlantic in Rockville probably attracts many people who've never bought a gun.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    They could be the greatest or the worst gun shop in the world. We should not be promoting them here above people who have paid for the forum to operate.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That.

Atlantic is an institution and use to have a gun store in DC. I give them credit fighting legal battles in Maryland, and have purchased three handguns with them over the past decades. I don't envy gun shop owners in Maryland. It's hard enough to make a customer happy with a sale. If a new future gun owner walks in, 99% of the time they can't even make a deal. Some prospective customers will say F all this (HQL, waiting period etc) or after they go through all the hoops, perhaps stumble on a better deal elsewhere. So the sales person invests time explaining what must be done, where to go etc, with no guarantee they'll be back. It has to grind them down. Atlantic in Rockville probably attracts many people who've never bought a gun.

And yet other shops find a way to remain friendly and interested in keeping you as a customer by at least acting like they’re intersted in helping you.

I wonder how many first time buyers remain first time buyers until they find another shop. I found Engage when they were still in Kensington and never went back to Atlantic.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    And yet other shops find a way to remain friendly and interested in keeping you as a customer by at least acting like they’re intersted in helping you.

I wonder how many first time buyers remain first time buyers until they find another shop. I found Engage when they were still in Kensington and never went back to Atlantic.

Sixty Seven years isn't a bad stretch. They must be doing something right. I've bought more guns at United in two years than at Atlantic the last thirty.

Businesses get complacent w/o competition. I think that is/was Atlantic problem. They'll improve service or lose business with competitors. Maybe retail is not their bread and butter, don't know.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yes it is but both Engage and United have been on business long enough to make Atlantic sit up and take notice of the competition. They seem to be oblivious to their presence in Rockville.

Makes you wonder how much additional business they’d have if they actually acted interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom