• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    I see that both of these rifles look very similar with the WASR 3 chambered in 5.56 and the WASR 10 in 7.62x39.

On the MSP website it says the WASR 3 is “Not BANNED” therefore can be sold in MD. But I can’t find any listing for the WASR 10.

Can anybody give me any information on this?

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    Ok so why is the WASR 3 not banned then? It’s the same firearm just in a different caliber.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    ...just a different caliber.

That's the point. It doesn't have to make sense.
    It's not just a different caliber. The wasr 3 bolt and carrier will not interchange into a wasr 10 and vice versa. That's why it isn't banned.....it can't be a copycat if parts aren't interchangeable.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    WASR-3s use a 7.62 width magwell, not the reduced 5.45 width found on other 5.56 AKs. Therefore they should be legal under the "is it a copy?" rule, even more so than other rifles even of the same caliber.

I don't know why WASR-10s are not enumerated by name. Certainly in their importable sporter config which only accepts low-capacity mages, they are not 100% compatible either. Rifles that only accept MD-approved magazines should be legal for hunting and other applications for which the cartridge is appropriate.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It's not just a different caliber. The wasr 3 bolt and carrier will not interchange into a wasr 10 and vice versa. That's why it isn't banned.....it can't be a copycat if parts aren't interchangeable.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure a 5.56mm barrel doesn't interchange with a 7.62mm very well.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom