• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Drove down to Mechanicsville on Saturday and got a binary trigger from Gym Ratz Nutrition. Super nice people and a great deal on the trigger.

Took it out to the range today. Fun toy but not a very "usefull" tool. I now understand why I've been told by a few military friends that, at any kind of distance, they would much rather someone shoot full auto at them than semi auto and aiming. The expression "spray and pray" makes a whole lot more sense to me now. Doing just lightning fast double taps would be MUCH more effective.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a pic of the target afterwards :(

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Drove down to Mechanicsville on Saturday and got a binary trigger from Gym Ratz Nutrition. Super nice people and a great deal on the trigger.

Took it out to the range today. Fun toy but not a very "usefull" tool. I now understand why I've been told by a few military friends that, at any kind of distance, they would much rather someone shoot full auto at them than semi auto and aiming. The expression "spray and pray" makes a whole lot more sense to me now. Doing just lightning fast double taps would be MUCH more effective.

Did you say this backwards?

Too bad they cannot make a model that has a 3-shot burst.

Which range is that -looks familiar.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I installed mine on my DPMS 22LR AR which sports a Silencerco Spectre II on the end of the barrel. It doesn't cost as much to shoot and I can spray a 100% ISPC target at 50 yds without any problems. If I were to try the trigger on one of my 223/556 AR's, I would definitely put a brake on the end of the barrel. It helps out a ton.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Did you say this backwards?

Too bad they cannot make a model that has a 3-shot burst.

Which range is that -looks familiar.

Backwards ????

Yeah, not possible with a binary (would still require two pulls). Two trigger pulls gives you a nice 4 shot though, or keep trigger pressed after second pull for a 3 shot burst. Of course then you have to flip the switch before releasing so not very efficient (or keep trigger pulled, ready for another 3 shot blast). One military friend told me that the guys that carry full auto guns keep them set at either one, two, or three shot burst. Never full auto as you have very diminished accuracy and your ammo is gone in a flash. I understand now.

Heritage in Frederick.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    To be fair, didn't look like you were really making an effort to aim. Does look like you had fun with it - the rate of fire was impressive.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA

You're absolutely correct. Most users of FA suck at it. I've had the opportunity to shoot full auto many times through my old job. There's a technique to it, and it takes lots of practice, but well aimed and accurate fire is very doable. I've put a softball sized hole through a target at 25 yards with an HK-416 with only 2-3 flyers.
    My initial advice after watching your video is to aim the gun.:D

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I installed mine on my DPMS 22LR AR which sports a Silencerco Spectre II on the end of the barrel. It doesn't cost as much to shoot and I can spray a 100% ISPC target at 50 yds without any problems. If I were to try the trigger on one of my 223/556 AR's, I would definitely put a brake on the end of the barrel. It helps out a ton.

Talked me into it.
    I ordered this tonight......http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...weight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-516446934.html
    Should be a lot of fun and less than 1/4 the cost for ammo. Got a couple 50 round drums for it too :)

Muzzle break for the 223/556 next on the list

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    To be fair, didn't look like you were really making an effort to aim. Does look like you had fun with it - the rate of fire was impressive.

You're absolutely correct. Most users of FA suck at it. I've had the opportunity to shoot full auto many times through my old job. There's a technique to it, and it takes lots of practice, but well aimed and accurate fire is very doable. I've put a softball sized hole through a target at 25 yards with an HK-416 with only 2-3 flyers.
    My initial advice after watching your video is to aim the gun.:D

YEP. For first outing I just wanted to hold on and tried to channel my inner 1930's Chicago gangster. Next time I'll see what I can do with it.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    YEP. For first outing I just wanted to hold on and tried to channel my inner 1930's Chicago gangster. Next time I'll see what I can do with it.

Get a good fighting/boxing stance, pull the gun into your shoulder HARD, and lean into it. You have to be rock solid to keep it steady on FA. The recoil starts compounding, and it can get out of hand quickly.
    Once you learn to control FA, your normal shooting will improve significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom