• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County

It's just Saber Red in a gun form. Saber Red is 50,000 SHU. Kimber is 4,000,000 SHU. The Ruger has a range of 10 feet. Kimber's range is 13'. Ruger is an aerosol that can lose pressure. Kimber uses a non-pressurized capsule. I've shot both. Ruger/Saber Red is like a water gun speed wise. The Kimber shoots over 100mph.
    Again, Saber isn't bad, it just isn't the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Thanks everyone, I took what I learned here and YouTube video's. Sat down with the women folk, we watched a couple of videos on stun guns, the kimber blaster, and sabre pepper spray. Then discussed the options. They decided on the sabre spray, the videos on the kimber blaster all showed that the first shot went low as it fired from the bottom chamber, it the one video were it hit the guy in the chin with the first shot and he didn't have any reaction or slow down made them decide on the sabre. I guess that it is better than nothing. Of course their main defense is to be aware and avoid certain areas.

It's good that you made a choice. I will tell you personally that when I shot a bad guy with my Kimber, I was aiming for his nose and I hit him an inch to the left of his nose. He ran away very quickly.
    One other difference between the two is the dye in the Saber is UV while the dye in the Kimber is visible with the naked eye.

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    Puhleez. A woman in a dark parking lot using spray, etc... On some thug, she needs to worry? She obviously didn't go out of her way to find someone to assault. A woman does not have to try and run away before engaging.
    You tell your loved ones that. Mine will stick with their will to survive.

This. I'm no lawyer, but it's about disparity of force (at least, in most states I've been in). Unless the attacker is a lone, unarmed female then there's no disparity of force with your wife/daughter defending themselves. If the other person is male, there's more than one, they're armed, etc. with the capability, opportunity, and intent to do serious bodily harm it's better safe than sorry.

Mr H

Banana'd
    It's good that you made a choice. I will tell you personally that when I shot a bad guy with my Kimber, I was aiming for his nose and I hit him an inch to the left of his nose. He ran away very quickly.
    One other difference between the two is the dye in the Saber is UV while the dye in the Kimber is visible with the naked eye.

What is your recommendation for a replacement cycle, both for Sabre canisters and Kimber?

I buy them for the gals in the family and replace the canisters every 2-3 years, and am debating the Kimbers after 3.

All are carried, and none left in extreme conditions.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    What is your recommendation for a replacement cycle, both for Sabre canisters and Kimber?

I buy them for the gals in the family and replace the canisters every 2-3 years, and am debating the Kimbers after 3.

All are carried, and none left in extreme conditions.

I'd swap them a year before expiration. Neither unit is so expensive that it is worth the risk of going up to expiration.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's just Saber Red in a gun form. Saber Red is 50,000 SHU. Kimber is 4,000,000 SHU. The Ruger has a range of 10 feet. Kimber's range is 13'. Ruger is an aerosol that can lose pressure. Kimber uses a non-pressurized capsule. I've shot both. Ruger/Saber Red is like a water gun speed wise. The Kimber shoots over 100mph.
    Again, Saber isn't bad, it just isn't the best.

Really appreciating your insight!

nb4602

nb405
    Feb 28, 2013
    Rosedale
    I thought it was the TASER they just legalized ? I keep getting emails from Freestate Indoor Range about the class and gun for 499.00 .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I thought it was the TASER they just legalized ? I keep getting emails from Freestate Indoor Range about the class and gun for 499.00 .

Generally the statutes never said "TASER" it said "electronic weapons." So bans on electronic weapons were lifted.

So, your 40Watt pulse laser is now legal too...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Generally the statutes never said "TASER" it said "electronic weapons." So bans on electronic weapons were lifted.

So, your 40Watt pulse laser is now legal too...

More accurately, "Electronic Control Device"

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...on=4-109&ext=html&session=2015RS&tab=subject5

(3) “Electronic control device” means a portable device designed as a weapon capable of injuring, immobilizing, or inflicting pain on an individual by the discharge of electrical current.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Does an iPhone count, because a iPhone is certainly capable of injuring, immobilizing, or inflicting pain on some snowflakes.

as far as county-lkevel repeal, each county/municipality had their own code and called them something different (see for example HoCo 8.404(c) repealed of HoCo below. To create additional confusion, obviously.

https://library.municode.com/md/how..._TIT8CRMI_SUBTITLE_4WECO_S8.404RE&showChanges

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Don't forget this lovely bit of the legislation:
    "(3) the manufacturer or seller has obtained a State and federal criminal history records check of the original owner to ensure compliance with subsection (b)(2) of this section."
    If you buy an ECD, the seller has to pull a state and federal background check.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    definitely heavy barreled and no flash hider. Although why you want a flash hider on a phased plasma is beyond me. Flash away!

I bought the tax stamp for a plasma light suppressor. You can barely see the light when the beam hits you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom