• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    Anyone know of any good shore fishing spots in Harford along the bay or the Susquehanna? My previous favorite spot near a local quarry has been shut down. Also any good pond locations would be appreciated too.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Anyone know of any good shore fishing spots in Harford along the bay or the Susquehanna? My previous favorite spot near a local quarry has been shut down. Also any good pond locations would be appreciated too.

Anywhere along the river can be amazing. From the dam on down past Rock Run. Learning the river with water flows can be the tricky part. Water running = fish. No water = no fish, but only sometimes. Right now, the shad are running thick.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Can you say new personal best? Pulled this big girl out of the water yesterday. I did not have a scale with me but I think it might have earned me a membership to the double-digit club?

I hope I live long enough to catch one like that. Congratulations!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Here's my biggest striper to date 42''

Attachments

• 42 incher.jpg
      42 incher.jpg
      46.9 KB · Views: 461

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    I came to this thread, looking for fishing reports and most of what I see is people holding up dead fish

maybe we need a thread of -- fish caught 2016

just saying what many thought

fishing reports = where, when, how many and how caught

Last edited:

plumberone

Aug 26, 2013
    Millers, Maryland
    Boat or shore

On a boat, 1988 Basstracker tournament TX. I bought it used a couple years ago. I'm running a couple of Moterguide 24 volt motors. My boat is slow compared to the guys using Ray or Torquido motors.
    Liberty, Prettyboy and Loch Raven Reservoir only allow electric motors. No gas.
    I'm only 15 minutes from launching at Prettyboy, and it's nice so that's why I'm fishing there. I would rather be somewhere on the Chesapeake Bay!

plumberone

Aug 26, 2013
    Millers, Maryland
    Boat

On a boat.
    1988 Basstracker tournament TX. I bought it used a couple years ago. I'm running a couple of Moterguide 24 volt motors. My boat is slow compared to the guys using Ray or Torquido motors.
    Liberty, Prettyboy and Loch Raven Reservoir only allow electric motors. No gas.
    I'm only 15 minutes from launching at Prettyboy, and it's nice so that's why I'm fishing there. I would rather be somewhere on the Chesapeake Bay!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I came to this thread, looking for fishing reports and most of what I see is people holding up dead fish

Fish Report! Now here this, now hear this! The fish are biting! That is all.

Like it is any day on the bay, you're either on them or you're not. We caught two(four on board) so it was a bit slow. We were near ''the gooses''.:)

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes

Um....the fish are biting EVERYWHERE! It's a magical time of year. What do you want to fish for?

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    First day out at Loch Raven. Thought it was going to be a pretty good day, water temp was 64 at daylight. Not so much, only got 1 Bass a little over a pound and 1 small pickerel, came in at 11:00. Will try again on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom