• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A Maryland

Dec 7, 2016
    Towson, MD
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=01&id=sb0074&tab=subject3&ys=2018rs

SB 74
    Entitled:
    Criminal Law - Firearms Crimes - Bump Stock
    Sponsored by: Senator Ramirez

NO text available as of this positing.

This is just an advisory. No reason to engage in forum speculation as to what the bill will or will not do.

HB 29
    Entitled:
    Firearms - Handgun Permit - Preliminary Approval
    Sponsored by: Delegate Rey
    (text is available - different number but the same bill as last year)
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?id=hb0029&stab=01&pid=billpage&tab=subject3&ys=2018rs

Click here to Join 2A Maryland Legislative Email List for updates.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Why post it until the gist of the bill is known? Ray Charles called me weeks ago and advised that the Dems would have some sort of "bump stocks are bad" bill. Don't believe me, ask Brian Williams, he was there...

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Will they ban my finger? Because if I pull it back and forth really fast it increases the rate of fire on my AR/AK.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Lol what a fantastically written shit bill. He has unintentionally made it even more worthless. I won't post why it's a joke but if you know more than Ramirez you'll spot it. Not hard.

I don't know Ramirez.... and I don't think I am the smartest guy in the world... but gee... even I think I see what a waste of ink that is :)

Mark

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Lol what a fantastically written shit bill. He has unintentionally made it even more worthless. I won't post why it's a joke but if you know more than Ramirez you'll spot it. Not hard.

Unfortunately, no matter how moronic this is, it won’t prevent MD from passing it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wonder if this will include aftermarket triggers for the AR15 or other firearms for that matter?

If this were any other state in the US, I'd say there's no way it will see the governor's desk. But this being Maryland, it almost assuredly will pass with a veto proof vote.

I guess they want an owner of a bump stock, after market trigger, belt loop, shoe strings, etc to just dispose of those items because according to the bill, they must magically disappear from the confines of the state of Maryland.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Ramirez could care less if his bill disarmed every law abiding gun owner in the state. Every less gun owner out there is a good thing in the eyes of the leftists.

This is the same idiot who wanted any peace (not just protective) order to have a provision for firearm seizure from the respondent without even a hearing. So any crazy bag lady who didn't like you because your cat was too orange could go down to the commissioner and swear out an order to have your guns taken away and you had no recourse except the lengthy retrieval process.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yup I see the flaw in what I am sure they want to do. I don’t want the damn things banned, but seriously, it isn’t that hard to enumerate “what is a bumpstock” in to law without calling it a specific name and cover JUST bumpstocks.

But this stupid ass “anything that increases the rate of fire” potentially covers everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom