• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    That depends on who you ask. I've heard people say 4 months. Nfa tracker is saying 5-6.
    I'm waiting on an individual form 4 from 8/30/17 so I'm hoping to get it by February/March.

Also, I don't think e-file is a thing anymore.

I just purchased a can at gymratz and he has a kiosk from silencer shop and he did everything from there for me including fingerprints so efile is a thing, I don't know how much it helps but he said he would figure 4 months if it were him waiting but I looked on silencers shops website and its like 6 or 7 months so I figured I would just ask how long folks have been waiting.

I got a rimfire can now I want griffin optimus or something similar to run on my rifles and pistols.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Mailed! File and forget, for my first tax stamp I'm looking to SBR an existing rifle.
    Welcome to the wait line! I'm currently waiting on six form 4s and a form 1. All trust. All probably not going anywhere anytime soon. The first batch was submitted in July, so coming up on five months. I assume it'll be another 5-9 months, unless they begin prioritizing the bar coded forms soon.

CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    I just purchased a can at gymratz and he has a kiosk from silencer shop and he did everything from there for me including fingerprints so efile is a thing, I don't know how much it helps but he said he would figure 4 months if it were him waiting but I looked on silencers shops website and its like 6 or 7 months so I figured I would just ask how long folks have been waiting.

I got a rimfire can now I want griffin optimus or something similar to run on my rifles and pistols.

I actually did the kiosk as well. It's pretty cool that they can do that. With that being said, it's still not efile.

ant92083

Lord Of Summer
    Jul 15, 2016
    MD
    Welcome to the wait line! I'm currently waiting on six form 4s and a form 1. All trust. All probably not going anywhere anytime soon. The first batch was submitted in July, so coming up on five months. I assume it'll be another 5-9 months, unless they begin prioritizing the bar coded forms soon.

What are the bar coded forms? Are those available for Form 1?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    What are the bar coded forms? Are those available for Form 1?
    https://www.ammoland.com/2017/08/nf...to-streamline-the-form-4-application-process/

There was a bunch of hype surrounding this when it happened, but I don't expect this to revolutionize things all that much for some time. I think barcoded form 1s are being worked out with the ATF, but I don't think they are fully a thing yet. What I will say is that the form 1 I did via Silencershop a few months ago (July/August timeframe) absolutely did have a barcode on it, so I think it will eventually end up being used.

ant92083

Lord Of Summer
    Jul 15, 2016
    MD
    https://www.ammoland.com/2017/08/nf...to-streamline-the-form-4-application-process/

There was a bunch of hype surrounding this when it happened, but I don't expect this to revolutionize things all that much for some time. I think barcoded form 1s are being worked out with the ATF, but I don't think they are fully a thing yet. What I will say is that the form 1 I did via Silencershop a few months ago (July/August timeframe) absolutely did have a barcode on it, so I think it will eventually end up being used.

That's pretty cool, they binary encode the data on the form and send it over to be decompressed from the bar code and it populates their database. The only thing missing from this for a Form 1 is the fingerprint aspect. Guess it is time to go digital?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    What is efile then? I never filled out a single paper?

Is there a faster way?

Efile was pre 41F before prints and photos were needed for trusts. You could file on the ATF website and upload your trust and pay with a credit card. This was for form 1, and 4's
    It is not longer valid for F1 and F4 since you need the photo/prints. It has been disabled on the website.
    The SS Kiosk keeps a copy of your photo and prints and sends them to the ATF for you.

Last edited:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Efile was pre 41F before prints and photos were needed for trusts. You could file on the ATF website and upload your trust and pay with a credit card. This was for form 1, and 4's
    It is not longer valid for F1 and F4 since you need the photo/prints. It has been disabled on the website.
    The SS Kiosk keeps a copy of your photo and prints and sends them to the ATF for you.

Many thanks. Is this the fastest way now? I was told trusts are running far behind filing as an individual. I hope the 4 months I was told is true but it is what it is.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I just heard a 5 month on another forum for a form 4 to a individual. So 4 to 5 months is great !!!! Now if the trusts would only be that way.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Just got the call from Vince

Mac11/suppressor
    Form 4 Trust

Paid dec 24th 2016
    Check cashed feb 9 2017
    Stamps received dec 9 2017

Picking up on Tuesday... giggity

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Well, Its been so long I lost track of the date, but back in March i filled out a form 4 on a trust and I got a call from Engage today saying I'm ready for pickup :thumbsup:

its for an AMTAC Hornet 9mm can

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom