• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sterl1ng

Mar 2, 2020
    Anyone ever heard of, or taken a class with V42 Tactical? They seem to be a new company based out of Riverdale, former Army SF guys

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    See if you can get the instructors' names. A lot of these guys seem to bounce from one company to another.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I believe this is the company that does some training at Cindys. 2 companies do different training. Haven't taken a course, but I hear good things.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    "numerous" and "real world"

I’m disappointed...they left out the other 2 ubiquitous ones....”down range” ...”in country” ..... you aren’t really an “operator” without those in your “I’m so awesome” bio

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    FWIW, I've been told that Kent Solheim is indeed the real deal. However, their classes seem absurdly expensive for the short-time format they're offering. I'm willing to pay for good training, but I also think $230-$275 is full-day money, not 3-4 hour money.

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    FWIW, I've been told that Kent Solheim is indeed the real deal. However, their classes seem absurdly expensive for the short-time format they're offering. I'm willing to pay for good training, but I also think $230-$275 is full-day money, not 3-4 hour money.

Hey, I agree with you. If a typical class is ~10 people, I feel unless they are providing a range/ammo or other expendables, a 1/2 class should cost closer to ~$100 per student, maybe less depending on topic.

I took a class from them, not long ago; I was pretty impressed. I think it cost about ~$200 but it was about 5 or 6 hours, I felt it was only slightly over priced. For 100 or even $150 I'd recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom