What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Old reloading "area" part of my work bench.
    afe5abeb716f70bf11b806aebaa3c5ec.jpg

Just put up shelving and will be building a new reloading only bench. Probably tomorrow.

82fdda26dd7bfac0c62e2370e77f6fb1.jpg

Still a work in process. I'll make sure I looks up to standards when it's all done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, since your building a new bench you may as well get rid of that old green press you have and get something modern. I'd be happy to come get it for you and give you a few bucks worth of scrap metal costs to get it out of your way. :thumbsup: sound good?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    It won't be the first time you will deprime a live primer, sometimes to have to. I've done it a few times and even reused the primers, they worked fine.

I gasped when I heard a "ting" from the direction of the spent primer collector.

I wasn't sure if I could re-use it. It looked the same as a fresh one.

EWF

Dec 19, 2016
    Butler, PA
    I send it to. My buddies place across town. He charged me a penny a piece. Cleans it in stainless steel pins and a mix of something. Over the years probably be cheaper to have bought a setup to do it myself but I don't want to.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I spent the Saturday sorting brass that Traveler gave me. I picked up 7 buckets at Home Depot to dump them in. Got an interesting variety. I tumbled all of the .38 Special/9mm and started on the 40 S&W. The surprises of the bunch were a LOT of 6.8 SPC brass, all Hornady, and some 45-70 brass. Looks like I'll have to buy a Marlin now. Sunday I picked up tumbling the 40 brass, and loaded 400 rounds of 147gr coated 9mm. I'm hoping my .38 Special bullets show up today. I've got enough brass now to load up a couple thousand of them :D

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    I spent the Saturday sorting brass that Traveler gave me. I picked up 7 buckets at Home Depot to dump them in. Got an interesting variety. I tumbled all of the .38 Special/9mm and started on the 40 S&W. The surprises of the bunch were a LOT of 6.8 SPC brass, all Hornady, and some 45-70 brass. Looks like I'll have to buy a Marlin now. Sunday I picked up tumbling the 40 brass, and loaded 400 rounds of 147gr coated 9mm. I'm hoping my .38 Special bullets show up today. I've got enough brass now to load up a couple thousand of them :D

That's quite a lot of brass to sort! I sort by hand, and that much would take me a long time to break out into separate piles. How are you doing your sorting?

As for me, I went down to the reloading room yesterday evening and ran out ~500 .38spl. The quantity of "~500" was because the goal was to use up a box of bullets and not open the next box. Miscellaneous headstamp brass, 158 SWC plated extreme bullets, 3.5gr. titegroup, and CCI SPPs. I am very much enjoying the increased production speed since I upgraded from a RCBS rockchucker to a Dillon 550. Instead of taking up most of my evening, I did the production run in between successive loadings of my woodstove.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    That's quite a lot of brass to sort! I sort by hand, and that much would take me a long time to break out into separate piles. How are you doing your sorting?

As for me, I went down to the reloading room yesterday evening and ran out ~500 .38spl. The quantity of "~500" was because the goal was to use up a box of bullets and not open the next box. Miscellaneous headstamp brass, 158 SWC plated extreme bullets, 3.5gr. titegroup, and CCI SPPs. I am very much enjoying the increased production speed since I upgraded from a RCBS rockchucker to a Dillon 550. Instead of taking up most of my evening, I did the production run in between successive loadings of my woodstove.

Traveler gave me the brass in some gallon zip lock bags. I had to hand sort them, as only one bag had all of one caliber in it. I just sat down in a ring of buckets and tossed brass into the appropriate bucket. My dog thought I was nuts, but she just sat and watched me for a while.

And you're right about the 550. It took me two episodes of Vikings to finish that batch of 400. It's faster than the Lee Turret Press I have.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Traveler gave me the brass in some gallon zip lock bags. I had to hand sort them, as only one bag had all of one caliber in it. I just sat down in a ring of buckets and tossed brass into the appropriate bucket. My dog thought I was nuts, but she just sat and watched me for a while.

And you're right about the 550. It took me two episodes of Vikings to finish that batch of 400. It's faster than the Lee Turret Press I have.
    If you need bucket and find yourself in my neck of the woods, drop me a PM. I have buckets I can give you.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If you need bucket and find yourself in my neck of the woods, drop me a PM. I have buckets I can give you.

Thanks. I hit Home Despot on the way to Elite Shooting and picked up seven of them for $1.98 each. The amount of 40 I have is filling up two of those buckets. I have a big Lowes bucket that's only half full of 9mm, I need to rectify that :lol:

And last night, I cranked out 150 more 9mm PHPs. They're loaded long, and they do work in my CZ SP-01. I haven't tested them on my 9mm AR yet. The idiot mail carrier didn't drop off my .38 bullets like she was supposed to yesterday :mad54: According to the USPS web site, "We attempted to deliver your item at 11:40 pm on January 9, 2017 in WOODBRIDGE, VA 22193 but could not complete the delivery because the employee did not have access to the delivery location. Your item will go out for delivery on the next business day." Which is BS. Every other package made it into the rental office. She just didn't want to carry the box in there. The lady who used to deliver mail for us would carry the box to my door. She retired last year.

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    Not yet, It's a small cnc that im trying to build to mill 89% lowers. However eventually i plan to convert a bunch of 223 brass to 300bo and I was thinking that I could possibly use it to trim cases in masse. Thanks for the video link.

I made that video as a joke, would take forever to make 300blk brass from 223.

This was my 2nd gen cutter to convert cases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNXz97yWp2w

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I made that video as a joke, would take forever to make 300blk brass from 223.

This was my 2nd gen cutter to convert cases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNXz97yWp2w

Ok i'm laughing now. Sometimes you cant tell when someone's being serious. For all I knew you are one of those crazy bench rest shooters looking for .0001 tolerences.

But in all seriousness. I was thinking if I could line up 40 cases in some sort of clamp in two rows. i could use a small saw blade attachment like a dremmel tool blade to just cut by running a tool path right down the middle of the two rows.

Or I can just get one of those little mini harbor freight chop saws and start out like everyone else does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom