• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    This rifle is very clean; war-time stock, matching numbers, metal 98% finish. Bolt is removed for display. I bought it years ago to shoot because my 4 other m39s were too nice to shoot, i then thought (antique Tikka, B model with rich plumb color, other odd m39s. Turned out this one also has some rarity given the 1945 Sako production numbers. Will anyone venture a range of value without seeing photos of the full rifle? I might even take it out and shoot it tomorrow...have lots of Russian surplus (corrosive) ammo. Not thinking of selling it.

Attachments

• CC3D62DB-D20F-4DDA-B4E6-A906E18380B8.jpg
      CC3D62DB-D20F-4DDA-B4E6-A906E18380B8.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 341

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I ran a quick search of completed auctions on GB and for a nice B barrel they've been selling for $700-900. If it's on an antique receiver that'll probably push it into the high end of the range as buyers seem to be willing to pay more for not having to deal with an FFL for transfer. Always a strong selling point.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    $1200. Get two kids with no responsibility thus no mortgage or rent bidding against each $1500.

Assuming matching bolt, barrel, and floorplate as well as SAKO cartouched stock

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Shiiii idk man, that's cleaner than anything I've ever seen for sale. You could get some serious coin for that, especially these days. Just saying.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    What is the serial

258639 It has 2 sako cartouches on the right butt stock. One small, one larger with crown and SAKO. Floor plate not matching;is marked 7166. My reference says approx 6,500 produced.

Last edited:

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Shiiii idk man, that's cleaner than anything I've ever seen for sale. You could get some serious coin for that, especially these days. Just saying.

My Tikka is ‘unused’. New, post war time stock. Assembled, i am sure post war, on an antique receiver. Think that one has the Imperial Eagle. They smell good. Years ago I use to buy these from the Pat Burns lady on LI who sold her stock years later to classic ( who prior to being bought was loaded with K98s, but never had photos, just descriptions...recall that?) she would have 15% off sales and sell beautiful m39s.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Ah, Pat Burns.
    I remember her fondly. Always easy to deal with and fast shipping. I bought several from her. Was always happy with what I received. I miss her.
    I'm sure there are some Dogs out there, But I personally have never seen an M39, in any condition that wasn't a damn good shooter. I never did, but was always tempted to scope an M39.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Ah, Pat Burns.

I remember her fondly. Always easy to deal with and fast shipping. I bought several from her. Was always happy with what I received. I miss her.

I'm sure there are some Dogs out there, But I personally have never seen an M39, in any condition that wasn't a damn good shooter. I never did, but was always tempted to scope an M39.
    Yeah it was unfortunate that the NJ AG started the BS that lead to the sale to Classic. They just didn't want to deal with it anymore

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    25863. It has 2 sako cartouches on the right butt stock. One small, one larger with crown and SAKO. Floor plate not matching;is marked 7166. My reference says approx 6,500 produced.
    Was there even that many made? Used to be thought there was only around 1600 but there was more than that. I didn't think it was as many as 6,500.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Yeah it was unfortunate that the NJ AG started the BS that lead to the sale to Classic. They just didn't want to deal with it anymore

I missed that. Did it have to do with dealing guns w/o a FFL?
    I saved some of her listings. The selection and prices make you weep.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    I missed that. Did it have to do with dealing guns w/o a FFL?

I saved some of her listings. The selection and prices make you weep.
    Yes. The NJ AG was making a big stink about it. Even though the ATF was ok with it. I think it just became not worth the hassle. They sold mostly non antiques to Classic. Still sold the Antiques but not to NJ. The best stuff Dennis Kroh bought recently.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Dennis and empire. Names from the past. Haven’t seen his email blasts for a while having lost track soon after he remarried. In the day, i happily bought from him a czech cz 54, a mas 49/56, some assorted mosins and a finn 28/76. Aside from the m39s mentioned i have a sneak (no maker) and another, but can’t recall what. As to the number made of 1945 sakos 39s, also can’t recall where it came from. Checked doug bowser’s book, but that wasn’t it. What was your source?

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Dennis and empire. Names from the past. Haven’t seen his email blasts for a while having lost track soon after he remarried. In the day, i happily bought from him a czech cz 54, a mas 49/56, some assorted mosins and a finn 28/76. Aside from the m39s mentioned i have a sneak (no maker) and another, but can’t recall what. As to the number made of 1945 sakos 39s, also can’t recall where it came from. Checked doug bowser’s book, but that wasn’t it. What was your source?
    From surveys. There were actually only 1600 made.

Sirex