• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I use to research fishing in Md on FB.I subscribed to 4 different fishing related groups.There is a ton of knowledge to be found.I would post a question and would get great advice everytime. I havent logged in on FB since Oct and will not be returning.I am sure you all can guess why. I will miss the fishing reports and stories but....oh well.

Where else can I go to find what I am looking for?Not looking for exact spots or honey holes...just some general info to different areas and kayak access to some good fishing.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    If your not averse to using those new fangled pocket-computer-that-doubles-as-a-phone-sometimes thingy's..
    There is an phone app called "Fishbrain" that is decent for this kind of thing. Subscribing ($25 per quarter/3 months) gets you exact catch locations of peoples postings.
    Free version tells you the nearest "known" body of water which can be miles away from actual catch location.
    You can browse bodies of water and get catch reports for them as well.

There is another one as well but its not as active and I cant recall the name offhand.

OneGunTex

Escaped Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Southern Maryland, no longer
    The Tackle Box here in Southern Maryland puts out a weekly* fishing report for the Patuxent, Potomac, Bay, and nearby fresh water. It's really good and you can get it emailed** to you for free.

"Fishing Report | St. Mary's County MD Tourism" https://www.visitstmarysmd.com/fishing-report/#reports

*generally weekly, during "fishing season"

**for some reason I don't always get the emails, not sure why

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Anglers in Annapolis puts out a YouTube fishing report that’s generally helpful.

wiper

Apr 14, 2021
    If your not averse to using those new fangled pocket-computer-that-doubles-as-a-phone-sometimes thingy's..
    There is an phone app called "Fishbrain" that is decent for this kind of thing. Subscribing ($25 per quarter/3 months) gets you exact catch locations of peoples postings.
    Free version tells you the nearest "known" body of water which can be miles away from actual catch location.

There is another one as well but its not as active and I cant recall the name offhand.
    I've looked at fishbrain before... is premium worth the cost? are enough people actively using it?

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    I used to have some really great spots for Snake Heads a few years back,, out of the way kayak launches on the Eastern Shore,, Only me and few other kayak fishermen fished it and never revealed the locations or access points.
    Then a friend of one of them brought a buddy and posted a video,, the spot was completely ruined.

That said,, I have looked at the fishbrain app,,, but why the hell would I pin point my fishing locations on a map for all the world to see??
    It takes typ 4-6 days of trying locations for get one that produces, last summer I had 8 outings that did not produce,, zero fish. all part of finding good spots is trying the bad ones.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    I've looked at fishbrain before... is premium worth the cost? are enough people actively using it?

It was very active last year and over the winter, I have had to take a break from fishing a bit so I put my sub on pause.

I believe they have or offer a 14 day trial of the subscription, might be worth a look at it to see if its worth it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom