• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver

Nov 6, 2017
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any better information if you want to buy a gun at the show near Dulles next weekend. The FFL's I asked just said to have the sellers get in touch with them. Is there something I could do to streamline the process?

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Here is the process for buying out of state.

1. Confirm the gun you want is on the MDSP Approved Roster.
    2. Notify your MD FFL that you are buying out of state and you would like to do the transfer thru them. Make sure they agree
    3. Bring your ffl contact info (email address / Fax / Phone Number) with you to the show.
    4. Find a vendor at the show who is willing to ship to MD.
    5. Take the mag with you if it is over 10 rounds
    6. Pay for the firearm and the dealer will charge you shipping to your MD FFL.
    7. Provide your FFL contact info to the dealer and get his contact info for your FFL.
    8. Ask your FFL to send a copy of his or her FFL to the dealer you bought from.
    9. Wait
    10. When the firearm shows up at your MD FFL show up and start the paper work.
    11. Wait again
    12. After you are NOT disapproved pay the transfer fee to your MD FFL.
    13. Take the firearm home and tried not to be piss that you live in a state with retarded gun laws.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Here is the process for buying out of state.

1. Confirm the gun you want is on the MDSP Approved Roster.
    2. Notify your MD FFL that you are buying out of state and you would like to do the transfer thru them. Make sure they agree
    3. Bring your ffl contact info (email address / Fax / Phone Number) with you to the show.
    4. Find a vendor at the show who is willing to ship to MD.
    5. Take the mag with you if it is over 10 rounds
    6. Pay for the firearm and the dealer will charge you shipping to your MD FFL.
    7. Provide your FFL contact info to the dealer and get his contact info for your FFL.
    8. Ask your FFL to send a copy of his or her FFL to the dealer you bought from.
    9. Wait
    10. When the firearm shows up at your MD FFL show up and start the paper work.
    11. Wait again
    12. After you are NOT disapproved pay the transfer fee to your MD FFL.
    13. Take the firearm home and tried not to be piss that you live in a state with retarded gun laws.

That's a pretty tall order :sad20:

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    There are always a few MD FFLs there, who will take care of transfers for MD residents at the show. If you're getting a handgun, you should check where the receiving dealer is located because that's where you will have to pick up the handgun after the 7 day wait.

Last edited:

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any better information if you want to buy a gun at the show near Dulles next weekend. The FFL's I asked just said to have the sellers get in touch with them. Is there something I could do to streamline the process?

If you aren't trolling, post # 2 & 4 is your answer.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Gus of Accurate Pawn would regularly attend Chantilly , with a large banner proclaiming Maryland Transfers . With the impending closure of the Maryland location , not sure if they will make this final one.

But if not , it will open a vacuum for the next enterprising Md FFL to persue this speciality .

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

It was not specifically mentioned already but so far, it was assumed you mean handgun. For a long gun (rifle), or shotgun, you can purchase there and bring home just so long as it is not on the banned list. Some Va dealers will not sell a MD resident a long gun because they don't want to bother with MD wacky long gun laws, especially ARs where you need HBAR. ARs are better off buying at an Industry Partner within MD at their gun shop. I personally have not purchased any modern long guns at the show though cause an IP always did me right. I go there for the old stuff that are collectables.

diver

Nov 6, 2017
    Sorry, not trolling. Kind of forgot how much of a pain this process could be while I was living down in SC.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Gotta be there to fondle those guns...

Actually, Im going there to check on few items there and just along stroll around the vendors.
    I just love watching people spending their hard cash knowing those pistols/rifles are going home !

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    those md residents who wish to purchase, bring two forms of ID that have your address on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom