• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    I don’t always agree with the NRA or Wayne LaPierre, but I found this editorial to be spot on.
    Now I’ll sit back and let y’all have your day..

Attachments

• D76FBAC5-7AE8-4CD6-B4FC-EEC9D8DA7537.jpg
      D76FBAC5-7AE8-4CD6-B4FC-EEC9D8DA7537.jpg
      140.8 KB · Views: 546
    Last edited:

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    It's amazing how well the enforcement of those laws worked! Bringing it back sounds like a nobrainer. I wonder who's trying to protect who for this nonsense.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Thanks for the post; good editorial. The fact that the left wants more gun control without enforcing existing and proven gun legislation exposes them.

In my view, gun grabbers in large measure are motivated by a desire to spite conservatives -- not to reduce or eliminate "gun violence." They hate us, and they know these laws will disproportionately affect us.

This is straight out of the Alinsky playbook...They pass laws then refuse to enforce them so they can point to their own failure and say "gun control laws don't work, the only solution is to completely remove all firearms from the hands of the population for public safety"...the actual reason is to control every person from cradle to grave...and mark my words...the next time the left is in control in DC they are going to go nuclear on exactly this...they will destroy the NRA and then pass massive bans on guns and ammo...

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Our side is on Perpetual defense we've got a majority in the House and Senate and the presidency the NRA is well funded yet they never pushed for anything it's all status quo. I'm so tired of these articles I've read them for over 20 years nothing changes ,the NRA is a fraud the Republican party is a fraud as well.

They'll negotiate away our bump stocks and call that a ****ing win. We lose something and never gain anything.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Our side is on Perpetual defense we've got a majority in the House and Senate and the presidency the NRA is well funded yet they never pushed for anything it's all status quo. I'm so tired of these articles I've read them for over 20 years nothing changes ,the NRA is a fraud the Republican party is a fraud as well.

They'll negotiate away our bump stocks and call that a ****ing win. We lose something and never gain anything.

:thumbsup:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

BOOM!

I remember when everyone was excited about the Republican Trifecta Machine coming to town.

Christmas, New Years, and a 21st birthday all rolled into one.

Unrestricted national concealed carry. Unrestricted national reciprocity. Sound suppressors available 24/7/365 via vending machines. MG-42s and ammo to be rented at a dollar a day and used inside state parks.

We got nuthin. Not even the flow of C&R goodies. In fact, were going backwards.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Thanks for the post; good editorial. The fact that the left wants more gun control without enforcing existing and proven gun legislation exposes them.

In my view, gun grabbers in large measure are motivated by a desire to spite conservatives -- not to reduce or eliminate "gun violence." They hate us, and they know these laws will disproportionately affect us.
    Enforcement of the laws on the books would affect thier base not us. That's why they don't want to do it. Remember the last MGA session when they were discussing the magazine ban. They didn't like minimum sentencing. Why was that? Or how about Baltimore when they were trying to get more time for people using a firearm during a crime or something like that. They dropped that because of what?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017

I would love to hear your sure fire way to fix it then!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    What was the old nra backed law? Project exhale I believe

That worked super great but somehow putting criminals, especially dangerous one using guns, has fallen out of favor

Didn’t that law clean Richmond right up? Now no one will use it?

What’s the reason to have laws if they aren’t to be used?

Stupid fvcking government

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    Link to article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/07/us/politics/jeff-sessions-gun-charges.html

The comments show the lack of understanding the NYT reader has about gun laws, or maybe lack of understanding of things in general. Why, why yes, it actually is perfectly legal for a private citizen to own a tank. If I win the lottery, I'm buying a couple for Mopar!

https://www.cnbc.com/2014/07/11/fleet-of-military-tanks-up-for-auction.html

Thanks for the NYT link.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Check the link to view what we "never gained".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVu5rnMVBEg

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore

Yes! Neither party is a friend to liberty-minded Americans.

Both seek to expand the scope and reach of government control over our lives.

And the NRA cherry picks the freedoms it will support.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    This is straight out of the Alinsky playbook...They pass laws then refuse to enforce them so they can point to their own failure and say "gun control laws don't work, the only solution is to completely remove all firearms from the hands of the population for public safety"...the actual reason is to control every person from cradle to grave...and mark my words...the next time the left is in control in DC they are going to go nuclear on exactly this...they will destroy the NRA and then pass massive bans on guns and ammo...

EXACTLY. The next dem to get elected president will certainly have part of his platform dedicated to the anti-gun movement. Sh*t is going to hit the fan for us law abiding gun owners and the whole country is going to have to take up the fight. ALL states will get a taste of what we, in Maryland, have dealt with for a long time. There will be no safe state for gun owners when the libs take over the White House again. I am not looking forward to the next democratic reign.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If the demorats do get the white house again plus congress and the order goes out to remove guns by force if necessary how many LEO will refuse the order and or stand up to their bosses and say no way, not to mention how bad will that order split this nation?? A major question is are those who own firearms willing to refuse the order and sad to say use them if necessary as well? If that does happen a lot of good people are going to pay the price.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    If the demorats do get the white house again plus congress and the order goes out to remove guns by force if necessary how many LEO will refuse the order and or stand up to their bosses and say no way, not to mention how bad will that order split this nation?? A major question is are those who own firearms willing to refuse the order and sad to say use them if necessary as well? If that does happen a lot of good people are going to pay the price.

Removing guns by force on a national level would be the worst publicity stunt that the dems could ever have nightmares about. I think the citizens as a whole would start to realize how bad of an idea that is when their own friends and families start getting arrested for owning a weapon that was not-so-long-ago "legal". Can you imagine the number of arrests the Police Departments would have to make going door to door? The jails would fill quickly with the wrong people. The media would have a very hard time painting that scenario as a pretty picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom