• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Are there any faster ways than getting off at Exit 1, going to UD's stadium, turning left at the light (Christiana Parkway?), then over to Exit 109?

EZPass is raping me every weekend when I go visit my gf. :mad54:

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    You talking about the toll over the Susquehanna? I used to take 40 cuz you pay $5 and you get a sticker thats good for a year, then go up 222 and jump on 95.

Thats exactly what I did when I visited my ex on the weekends....to get the sticker, go to the right most lanes and tell them you would like a sticker (pass) and they will give you the sticker and info about it...:thumbsup:

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The one at the DE state line is the one I'm trying to avoid, the Susquehanna bridge is covered under my EZPass commuter plan so I can fly right though that for dirt cheap.

t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton
    Take a left on Welsch Tract rd (first light off the 896 exit) or West Chestnut Hill rd (second light on 896, but you have to take a right immediately after the light and do the silly loop around - can't make a left there).

Either one of those roads will cut over to Otts Chapel. Take a right on Otts Chapel over to Elkton-Newark rd (Route 2/279) where a left will get you back to 95.

Depending on the time of day either one of those routes may or may not be busier than the route you described.

t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton
    You talking about the toll over the Susquehanna? I used to take 40 cuz you pay $5 and you get a sticker thats good for a year, then go up 222 and jump on 95.

I've heard they just raised the sticker for that to $10. I'm pretty sure the ones I have for the two vehicles were obtained shortly before they raised the price.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    My daughter starts school at UD this fall. There is a toll on both 95 and 40? What a crock!
    Which is cheaper the 95 toll or the 40 toll?

t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton
    My daughter starts school at UD this fall. There is a toll on both 95 and 40? What a crock!

The OP was referring to the DE 95 toll. There is no toll for 40 at the DE line.
    For that one, coming North just get off 95 in Elkton before the toll and take 279, etc. to UD. That probably makes more sense if you're just going into Newark. Dealing with the traffic that can sometimes be at the DE toll and on 896 at times isn't worth it.

The only way around the toll going over the Susquehanna is to take Rt 1 over the dam. I always take 40 and use the sticker which makes sense if you travel that route more than once a year and don't mind the detour from 95. For at least half of my travel across the river using 40 is just easier than 95 anyway. Using the sticker for the 40 bridge would be much cheaper - $10/year now. I'm not sure now, but both 95 and 40 used to be the same price for single-use cash, which I last knew to be $5. The toll on both are Northbound, no southbound toll.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    To cross the Sesquhanna is $5 Northbound-only for either I95 or Rt40, but you can buy a sticker for unlimited crossing via Rt40 for $10 for 12 months. Its $4 each way between I95 exits 109 (MD side, also has signs for UD/Newark) and exit 1 (DE side). If you get off at 109 and head North you'll be on-campus in like 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom