• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B

bluecollarkid

+1 - I had to bump it cause it seems this question is everywhere. They should make this thread a sticky.

alb

May 1, 2009
    Howard County, Maryland

Some of the items in these lists are dubious, at best. From the NRA list:

Baltimore - you grow'em, I shoot em, 45787 west baltimore street, Baltimore, MD 21224.
    Phone: 000-000-0000
    Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (100 yds), Indoor Pistol (100 yds), Outdoor Rifle (3000 yds), Indoor Rifle (100 yds), Rifle Silhouette, Pistol Silhouette, Muzzleloading, Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, Archery, Airgun
    Hours of Operation: 6 am to 9 pm
    Range Access: Private

And on the DNR list, Deep Run is still listed as active. I believe that range was closed by court order a few years back as the result of a noise dispute with a neighbor who sued -- Judge Burns shut it down at that time and I think it is still closed (though I would love to be wrong, for I did enjoy shooting 'pins there on Sundays).

The point here is to check the listings for accuracy before jumping in the saddle and riding out.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.

11518 Marriottsville Road
    Marriottsville, Maryland 21104-1220
    Office Phone: 410-461-8532
    Event Line: 410-461-9855

Rules for Specific Ranges 50 yard Range
    15)
    This range is designated for handguns or guns firing “standard” handgun cartridges.
    16)
    Firing from a prone or creedmoor position is prohibited.
    17)
    When using AGC target frames, only single center bull targets are allowed. 100 yard Range - Barnes Range
    18)
    Positions to the left of the orange pole are opened at the discretion of the range officer on duty.
    19)
    In the bench rest only area (red tables), everyone must be behind the red zone while the line is hot. 200 yard Range
    20)
    The 50, 100, and 150 meter impact areas are for silhouette/hunting handguns, shooting at silhouette targets only.
    21)
    It is only permissible to place your own target frame at or behind the pits.
    22)
    The flag must be posted when the range is “clear”. People may only stay in the pits, so long as one person has been appointed to oversee the operation of the range.
    23)
    When using AGC target frames, target bulls can’t be within 24” of the edge of the frame. Trap Range
    24)
    Only shotguns firing ammunition with a maximum powder load of 3 dram equivalent, a shot size of number 7-1/2, 8 or 9, and carrying a maximum muzzle velocity of 1200 fps, will be permitted. No Slugs permitted.
    25)
    No firing is permitted in front of the 16 yard line. There shall be no more then 2 yards between adjacent shooters. Personal or rented traps must be positioned behind the firing line.
    26)
    No one may go forward of the firing line, until the trap field is “clear” and all actions are “open” on the adjacent fields. Bow & Arrow Range
    27)
    Only field point, or target point arrows may be shot at AGC targets.
    28)
    Shooters must designate a common firing line.
    29)
    All relevant range rules are still applicable, by substituting in archery terminology. Indoor Pellet Range
    30)
    This range is designated only for air powered guns, firing .177 or .22 caliber blunt nose lead pellets. The maximum allowable muzzle velocity is 1000 fps for .117 caliber and 800 fps for .22 caliber pellets.
    31)
    Only paper targets are permitted.
    32)
    Pellet traps must be place to match the position of the shooter.
    33)
    Muzzles must be pointed at targets when loading.
    Operational Rules
    Outdoor ranges hours
    Weekdays 8:00 am to 8:00 pm or dusk
    Weekends 10:00 am to 8:00 pm or dusk
    Indoor pellet range hours
    Everyday 8:00 am to 11:00 pm
    34)
    Ranges will be open everyday except for Christmas and New Year’s Day. Trap Ranges may remain open until 9:00 pm on Wednesdays. Dusk will be determined by the range officer. Use of any range is prohibited if weather or other conditions prevent full visibility of that range.
    35)
    Any range may be closed to non-competitors during a scheduled AGC sanctioned event. Ranges will not be closed during Hunter Sight-In.
    36)
    Your range badge must be worn visibly while on the AGC property. Range Badges may not be loaned or transferred.
    37)
    Badge holders may only occupy one position on the firing line. Adult range badge holders are permitted to bring guests. The badge holder must supervise their guests at all times. The badge holder and guests may only have one person shooting at a time. The badge holder must explain pertinent rules and regulations to their guests. All minors anywhere on the property of the AGC must be supervised by an adult at all times. Junior range badge holders approved by the Trustees may use the range without adult supervision.
    38)
    Pets must be leashed at all times while on AGC property.
    39)
    Alcohol consumption is not permitted in the vicinity of an active range. Alcohol may only be consumed after you have secured your firearms and finished shooting for the day. Alcohol may not be consumed in areas obviously visible from public streets. Anyone who is intoxicated or appears to be under the influence of drugs will not be permitted on AGC property.

davidlj

FM6
    Oct 24, 2008
    Glen Burnie MD
    :lol:I shot the Damascus IWLA range today with my better half, for the first time ever shooting a hand gun. She did mighty well and I am proud of her I think should she could really make a go at it if she had the mind. Tight groups maybe off to the left or right but she shot free hand left and right and weaver. She pegged them in and I was happy for her. Mine, well I had some groups but I tended to pull to the left just as I shoot where it was meant to hit (plastic grips became loose between the time I screwed them tighter and handed the weapon over for her 12 shots. I Shot expert in the Marines 6 times rifle but never could get the use of a side arm further than that of the MM badge. My Walnut grips came in yesterday afternoon for the CZ-82 but as I found out they will require some use of a dremel tool to take a small part the upper section out if I am going to be able to work the wood as I should :lol2::lol::party29:

Last edited:

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Sanner's Lake Sportsmen's Club

Sanners lake,
    Lexington park MD

Sanner's Lake is a private club that has been around since 1951.

Facilities and Grounds-Layout (see attached illustration).
    Shotgun Range: Offers trap & skeet, 5-stand, wobble-trap, and other shotgun events.
    Pistol Ranges: 50-yard 10-lane Bullseye Range (covered firing shed and baffled range). IDPA Pitol-Pits (~15-20 yards) for dynamic shooting activities. We also host the Maryland State IDPA Match.
    Rifle-Range: 110-yard rifle-range for bullseye and silhouette shooting. Target-frames at 50, 75, and 100 yards. Range's firing-shed is covered, with range currently closed for installation of "No Blue Sky" baffles -- estimated reopening is mid-December).
    Fishing Ponds: Three fairly-large fishing ponds, with numerous fish species (currently all ponds are catch & release). The ponds are quite deep and the largest has a boat-launching ramp. Bass of 6+ lbs have been taken.
    Swimmer's Beach: A buoyed-off sand-bottomed-beach.
    Clubhouse for meetings & events.
    Archery Range: We have a traditional field-archery range, with target-butts at ~15 to ~50 yards. We are working to install a 3-D range and elevated shooting platforms. These should be in-place by Spring.

Matches: All matches are open to the public.
    Pistol: IDPA programs include IDPA, 2-gun, and 3-gun. USPSA programs have recently started and are becoming quite popular. We are considering establishment of a Bullseye Pistol match-program.
    Rifle: Upon range reopening, we will resume Rimfire Silhouette, Blackpowder Silhouette, IR-50/50 Benchrest Matches, and other events.
    Rifle/Pistol: We are working towards establishing a Rimfire Steel match program, utilizing BOTH rifles and pistols.
    Shotgun: Weekly events are held Sunday AM/PM. During Spring through Fall, we also have events on Wednesday afternoon.
    Archery: No match-programs are currently in-place, but we hope to establish some form of 3-D matches by the Spring.

Club Calendar is available here.

Youth-Marksmanship Program: We sponsor a 4H and Boy Scouts of America group focused upon the shooting-sports. Our point-of-contact is Nick Casey (mdshooters name = hokiecasey).

Paralympics / Wounded-Warrior Program:
    We are also in partnership with St. Mary's County in sponsoring a shooting-sports program for folks with physical challenges. For info, please contact Christina Bishop ( christina.bishop@stmarysmd.com ).

Website: Our website is currently under redesign, so the current site is quite out-of-date. We anticipate roll-out of the new home-page by January. Our website is at sannerslake.us.

Membership: Our membership is currently capped at 600 regular members. We have ~<80 openings right-now, they are filling-up at about 20 folks per month. Annual dues are $180/year with a one-time fee of $250. New-members must show documentation of firearms training (such as DD214 with small-arms training/qualifications noted, NRA Basic Firearms Classes, etc.) and attend a member-orientation meeting. An application-form is attached for anyone who might be interested.

Attachments

• SLSC Grounds Layout.pdf
      333.6 KB · Views: 382
    • SLSC New-Member Application (2012-2013)-1.pdf
      221 KB · Views: 327
    • Appendix N 1-Day Guest Pass & Liability Waiver Form with ID Tag.pdf
      301.5 KB · Views: 368

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    What is the date the annual membership at Hap Baker starts on? Is it June 30th?

July 1...
    Daily fees are $10 for Carroll County residents and $15 for out-of-county residents. Season passes (July1 -June 30) are $50 for Carroll County residents and $85 for out-of-county residents. Life memberships are available for $300 for Carroll County residents and $600 for out-of-county residents.

Ptreece

Dec 27, 2020
    Parkville
    Loch Raven Trap & Skeet Club
    12301 Dulaney Valley Rd
    Lutherville Timonium, MD 21093
    410-252-3851

HNP Muzzleloading
    601 Back River Neck Rd
    Essex, MD 21221
    410-238-1708

The Gun Shop
    1614 Eastern Blvd
    Essex, MD 21221
    410-686-7333

I threw in two good gun shops that most people don't know about to add to a list. I have so many shooting buddies, gun shops and ranges in my cell phone I had to add a category called GUNS

HNP Muzzleloading was sold to my friend recently it's now called "Saint Firearms".
    Zinkarms on belair rd in Perry Hall is also a good shop.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Since we have a lot of new members with the Wear and Carry surge I thought it might be good to post a link to the Interactive Shooting Resources Map which includes a section on shooting ranges as well as other resources. The map is a sticky in the section called Recreational Shooting
    Direct link to MDShooters Firearms Map:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Since we have a lot of new members with the Wear and Carry surge I thought it might be good to post a link to the Interactive Shooting Resources Map which includes a section on shooting ranges as well as other resources. The map is a sticky in the section called Recreational Shooting
    Direct link to MDShooters Firearms Map:
    Good call. We probably need to vet some of the older info in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom