• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Any chance we can get a sticky post, maybe in the dealer's section, that would have all the basic info for the area ranges? I know some of them may already be covered since they're attached to shops. Just thinking it would be convenient to be able to get range hours, fees, ammo restrictions, phone numbers all in one place.

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    It might be helpful to ask for volunteers to be points of contact for ranges that don't have staff that work there.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    Loch Raven Trap & Skeet Club
    12301 Dulaney Valley Rd
    Lutherville Timonium, MD 21093
    410-252-3851

HNP Muzzleloading
    601 Back River Neck Rd
    Essex, MD 21221
    410-238-1708

The Gun Shop
    1614 Eastern Blvd
    Essex, MD 21221
    410-686-7333

I threw in two good gun shops that most people don't know about to add to a list. I have so many shooting buddies, gun shops and ranges in my cell phone I had to add a category called GUNS

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Cresap Rifle Club
    Plant Road
    Frederick, MD
    http://www.cresaprifleclub.com
    Email contact on the website.
    Phone calls are only taken during hours of operation. 301-662-6669
    Do not leave a message.

Hours of Operation:
    The Cresap Rifle Club is open to the public every Sunday of the year and Every Saturday between April and November. The range hours are 10 am to
    3 pm.
    The range will be closed on all holidays!

Donations (Range Fees).
    We are non-profit organization; therefore, we accept donations. Our standard donation schedule is $2.00 per shooter and $1.00 per target. We change targets on the hour.

Directions:
    From I-70 East-Bound (from I-270, RT 15 ) :
    Follow I-70 East to Md 144, Patrick St. (exit 56). Take exit 56 and make a left at the light at the end of the exit ramp onto MD 144. Follow MD 144 for a mile and make a
    left onto Linganore Rd. Turn right onto Plant Rd. Our range is the second one on the
    left.
    From I-70 West-Bound (from Baltimore) :
    Follow I-70 West to Md 144 (exit 59). Take exit 59 and head West on MD 144. Follow
    MD 144 for a 2 miles and make a right onto Linganore Rd. Turn right onto Plant Rd.
    Our range is the second one on the left.

Parking is just past the range on the right. Park and walk up the path.

Range Rules:
    http://www.cresaprifleclub.com/rules.html

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It might be helpful to ask for volunteers to be points of contact for ranges that don't have staff that work there.

Good idea. gibby, can you post Continental's for us? Anybody belong to a member's only club and want to post the info that non-members would want/ need to know?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Good idea. gibby, can you post Continental's for us? Anybody belong to a member's only club and want to post the info that non-members would want/ need to know?

good idea for a long overdue thread, I have a couple to add

Hap Baker firearms facility

open to the public all hours

17yd handgun
    200yd rifle/handgun

position shooting allowed, spotting scopes, sand bags and benches provided, targets & ear plugs sold here.

no rapid fire
    no FA
    no AP/tracer ammo
    no 50BMG

Hours
    Friday through Sunday
    10:00 a.m. to one hour prior to sunset
    April 1-December 31
    Wednesday through Sunday
    10:00 a.m. to one hour prior to sunset
    Open on Thanksgiving Day
    Closed on Christmas and New Year’s Day
    ALWAYS closed on Monday and Tuesday

fees:
    Use of the Firearms Facility is available on a daily
    or yearly basis. User fees are as follows:
    In County Out of County
    Daily Fee: $10.00 $15.00
    Season Pass: $40.00 $70.00
    Life Member: $300.00 $600.00

located on RT140 eastbound 1/2 mile west of Reese road on the grounds of Carroll county landfill.
    http://ccgovernment.carr.org/ccg/recpark/hapbaker.pdf

Continental Arms

open to the public all hours

25yd indoor handgun/shotgun

full service gun shop, targets, firearms, ammo, and accesories sold, gun rentals, classes available

00 or 000 buck only
    FA allowed with proper paperwork
    no bottleneck rifle
    no 17HMR

Hours
    open 7 days a week
    10:00 a.m. to 9pm M-F
    9-7pm Sat, 9-6pm Sun

fees:
    hourly, with annual memberships available

located at 9603 Deereco Road
    Timonium, MD 21093
    410-560-3609

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/bytownresults.asp?ID=4202
    http://continentalarms.com/web/

Freedom armory

Open membership required

25yd handgun indoor
    50yd rifle indoor

full service gun shop, position shooting allowed, benches provided, rentals available, classes available
    FA allowed with proper paperwork
    up to 500S&W on pistol range
    up to 50BMG allowed on rifle range

Hours
    10-7pm M-F
    10-6pm Sat, 12-6pm Sun

fees:
    Membership required to shoot, however membership is open to all, and takes 10 minutes to complete ang get your badge, all badges are good for a year, range fees depend on the level of membership.
    annual badge fees
    Daily-$20 individual (no guest privilages)
    annual-$99 individual
    Handgun-$299 individual
    Freedom-$495
    range fees per 1/2 hour of use
    daily member $12 HG $17.50 rifle
    annual member $8 HG $12 rifle
    Handgun member $0 HG $12 rifle
    Freedom member $0 HG $0 rifle + 10% off of everything except firearms
    guest pass $8 per 1/2hr handgun, $12 1/2hr rifle

located at 10598 2nd Amendment Drive
    Glen Rock, PA 17327
    http://www.freedomarmory.com/

Windsor fish and game

my local range

Private range, selective membership, funded and run by members. New applicants are voted in during a meeting (1st monday of the month 7pm), references preferred, but not required (contrary to what the member app says). I have never seen anyone not get voted in.

1 guest per member allowed

25yd archery range with tree stand positions
    25, 50, 100, 150, 200yd, available berms posted above lane
    BBQ is allowed, and often times encouraged, but extinguish all fires before leaving
    no drinking and shooting at the same time:D

position shooting allowed
    no FA, but rapid fire is OK
    holster draws and combat shooting forward of the rifle line OK as long as no-one is shooting on the rifle line.

most of the time You will be shooting by yourself, members have combo to the lock on the gate, members agree on cease fire, target replacement, and allowing shooting forward of the line (pistol side) there are benches, racks and tables, but no scopes or rests/bags. The most people I have seen was about 3 shooters on a saturday afternoon.

Hours
    7 days a week 365 days a year dawn to dusk

fees:
    $15 a year, $15 initition fee for unlimited use:thumbsup:

located on west side of Adair road off of 624 1 mi east of Bittersville, PA, 14 miles north of the Harford/Baltimore county line

http://www.windsorfishandgame.org/

also found this MD ranges

Last edited:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Can somebody from the Shore get us the Delmarva and the various clubs and ranges over there? Is Pintail Point still outside of Queenstown? Somebody have info on the trap shooting place y'all seem to use near Loch Raven? How about Elk Neck and On Target?

I'm thinking that once we get this info, we can collect it into one large post and DD will affix it for us. After that, members can chime in when they know that something at the facility has changed i.e. prices, hours or membership requirements. Thanks for agreeing to allow this one DD.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    FWIW, I love Hap Baker but I think it only goes out to about 17yds (maybe 20) on the pistol range.

If up there "next to the burm" is actually 25yds, let me know because I will feel much better about my shooting :).

Splitter

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    FWIW, I love Hap Baker but I think it only goes out to about 17yds (maybe 20) on the pistol range.

If up there "next to the burm" is actually 25yds, let me know because I will feel much better about my shooting :).

Splitter

Yup you are right, the base of the berm is 50 ft, corrected to reflect that

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Thurmont Conservation & Sportman's Club
    11617 Hunt Club Rd.
    Thurmont, MD 21788-2614
    (actually closer to Creagerstown)
    http://www.tcandsc.org/index.htm

York IWLA
    7131 Ironstone Hill Rd.
    Dallastown, PA 17313
    http://yorkiwla.org/id3.html

West Shore Sportmen's Association
    (near Lewisberry)
    http://www.westshoresportsmen.org/

All three are for members and their guests although I believe most of the matches are open to the public. I belong to all three if anyone is interested in joining.

Here is some video of one of the pistol matches at the York IWLA this summer. (not me shooting)

Last edited:

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Elk Neck Shooting Range

The shooting range at Elk Neck State Forest is opened 9:00 a.m. to sunset Tuesday through Sunday. Mondays open 1:00 p.m. to sunset. You may purchase a permit for the year at a cost of $50.00 for ages 18 to 62, $25.00 for anyone between the ages of 16 to 18 and anyone over 62, or you may choose to purchase a daily permit for $10.00 (under 16 years of age is Free with a paying adult). The permits may be purchased at the range (cash or check). If paying with cash you must have exact amount. No automatic weapons. Semi-automatic fire limited to one round per second. You must bring your own target, the center of the target must be a minimum of four feet off of the ground. Only paper targets may be used. All range regulations are posted at the range and on all applications. All trash including brass and shot gun hulls must be removed and taken with you.

Permits are available at the Maintenance Complex near the Main Entrance and must be obtained prior to using the range complex.

All ranges are closed the second Saturday in September to allow for the Northern Chesapeake Sportsman’s Kids Youth Day activities.

There are four ranges:

100 yard (riffle/muzzleloader)
    50 yard (pistol)
    skeet range (no thrower provided)
    bow & arrow range
    All shotguns shot on the rifle range must utilize a slug shell. No shot shell of any type is permitted on the rifle range.

Contact info:
    Elk Neck State Forest
    130 McKinneytown Road
    North East, MD 21901
    (410) 287-5675
    Please note shooting range is located in State Forest off of Irishtown road. Address listed above is not actual range address.

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    5.7X28 and 500S&W is not allowed at Continental Arms.

really? I thought you had a 500 for rent, and a sign above the counter saying 5.7 was ok, but 17HMR wasn't. If they aren't cool there, what is the largest/fastest caliber allowed.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Gun club on the shore

http://www.dsarange.com/

Delmarva sportsman Association You need to be a member and the are filling up. Have a 50 yard pistol and a 200 yard rifle range. The do have Battle rifle, 2 gun, garand, and Cowboy action shoots open to the public for a small fee. Their is a garand shoot today.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    really? I thought you had a 500 for rent, and a sign above the counter saying 5.7 was ok, but 17HMR wasn't. If they aren't cool there, what is the largest/fastest caliber allowed.

2000 feet per second is the backstops rateing. That is the fasest caliber allowed at Continental Arms. 30 Carbine is OK, any normal pistol caliber rifle is allowed.

5.7x28 is over 2000 fps, therefore is not allowed.

They stoped renting the 500S&W (mainly due to the type of customers that are asking to rent it) but it is allowed to be shot there. Some employee's have taken it as the 500 is not allowed, but I assure you it is allowed to be shot there. If anyone gives you a problem have them call me or the owners. The 460S&W is not allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom