• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

deathracer

Feb 14, 2010
    Well, I got my hand slapped trying to run up posts to sell 3 MD compliant HBAR uppers new, never been fired. Been reading MDS for 10 years, don't post much as alot of slack comes from others which doesn't warrant my response.

Anyway, I feel it should be more based on how long a member, not on post count to sell. Maybe mods will reconsider this. Anyway, since I moved to PA, I really wanted to unload the 3 brand new HBAR uppers I had which have never been fired to some MDS members first. I guess I will list them now on marketplace or gunbroker. Oh well. Message me if anyone has other ideas.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I think the idea is that you be a contributing member over q long standing one. Thus why 50 spam posts your first day as a member will get you knocked down as well.

deathracer

Feb 14, 2010
    I get it, but also think 50 could be quite much, maybe cut that in half if a member for at least a year. I think appealing to common sense may be needed some times. I will probably get banned for posting this unfortunately.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just participate and you will have them quite soon. Why fight long establish rules just because you don't like to comment? 50 goes quick.

You can offer condolences, state "I'm in" on one of many karmas, or add a laughing emoji on some of the many many epic funny posts from Mexican Bob or Art3 in the epic funny post thread. I did it, as did everyone else, literally

If you think it unfair and/or dont want to be bothered to make a little effort to reach the 22,000+ member market here, then its Gunbroker's gain.

I am not angry nor being shitty. I am stating my observations as one who played by the rules without complaint.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I should add that I imagine there are people who have read this fine forum for many years without ever joining so Kudus that you found that worth your time. (ok that was a tad snarky)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    While we are changing the rules I’d like to lobby for a separate speed limit that is 15mph over the posted speed limit if you can prove you have diarrhea

KGB-SPY

Sep 30, 2013
    Pikesville, MD
    I am also a long time member with a low post count, mainly because I am an IT guy and can find the right information without creating or replying to any posts. Rules apply to everyone regadrdless of the time being here mostly due to the scams.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    There are two prime reasons to have a fifty posting floor before being able to use the classifieds. One is because of scammers...they join and immediately start trying to sell fraudulent items to scam members. It's a problem across many such forums and many have raised their minimum number of posts before being able to use the classifieds. It's not a perfect solution but has proven to cut down on the scammers.

The other reason is we want people to participate in the forum discussions and not simply be a drive-by who occasionally logs in and tosses a bomb of a post to simply light things up. The strength of MDS is its contributing members...not its lurkers and those simply using it to scam.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I am also a long time member with a low post count, mainly because I am an IT guy and can find the right information without creating or replying to any posts. Rules apply to everyone regarding of the time being here mostly due to the scams.

And if you don’t like them, just create a complaint post spelling out what is for sale and ask members to PM you for “ideas”.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    While we are changing the rules I’d like to lobby for a separate speed limit that is 15mph over the posted speed limit if you can prove you have diarrhea

Speed limit should scale with the noise level emitted from the backseat full of toddlers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom