• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • QueenBee3200

Mar 5, 2017
    Just an FYI....
    The Machine Gun Nest in Frederick used to have a monthly ladies shoot on like a Thursday evening.
    That was pre covid.
    Not sure if they still do.

I was going there for Women's Club - b4 covid. They haven't restarted that or the matches.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Start your own thread call it Ladies Only or whatever you choose. Then if a man has the temerity to stick his nose in severely whip them with words and threaten to take away their Man Card. If they return uninvited contact one of the Doctors on the forum and start negotiations to arrange for a gelding party. The other ladies on the forum will either join you and it will flourish or it will wither and die.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Less. More.

More. Less.

Us. Them.

Them. Us.

Inny. Outtie.

Outtie. Inny.

Not my forum. Not my rules.

Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

If the OP wants it, why not ask a mod?

I’m not sure that our collective or individual opinions matter in this particular regard.

Having said same, the more folks who support the shooting sports, the better off we are. That is without regard to plumbing, preference, worship or melanin content.

I’m confident our membership will welcome any and all who are genuine in their interest.

Welcome OP. I’m sorry I missed your intro. Enjoy your stay.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I was just more thinking it would be nice for ladies to talk about gun without someone coming in and giving a chick a hard time. It's cool tho!!! Talk about special ladies training classes and give advice.

Ladies have guns and some are worried to talk on a forum with mostly guys. JMO......

QB
    I think it would be a good idea, from my several viewpoints:

As a former trainer, I see a useful purpose in allowing like-minded women to talk amongst themselves without having to be involuntarily instructed by men who assume that they are qualified to give unsolicited advice just because of their gender.

As a guy with female friends that automatically get condescending treatment at gun shops and ranges, and I see that they both do not need it and are sick of it.

As a father who sees guys try to parrot advice to a young lady that can, and shortly will, shoot circles around them. Some of this is well-intentioned, some of it is showing off, but neither is particularly useful or welcome unless asked for.

Yes, I do think a ladies-only forum section would be more welcoming to many of our female shooters.

Mr H

Banana'd
    The Missus and I had a delightful conversation today with a young mom, who is a member of a group called (I think) "Women Safe".

She mentioned that her husband frequents MDS, but I missed his name.

They seem like the kind of people we need more of around here, regardless of gender.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    .... good morning ladies.

There should no more be a forum for ladies ONLY, than there should be for gentlemen, gays, Jew, Gentile, Black, White, Green, Redneck, or Druid.

And especially not the Dutch.

Not sure where you are located, but there is a MDS meet up at Pub Dog in Westminster on May 8.

PM me if interested.

First beverage is on me.

Wait, there's a meet up?

Belgian Bad A$$

Tired of being ignored, living the single life!
    Feb 18, 2018
    Washington County, MD
    Has there ever been any interest in a group for ladies to post in?

Thanks,
    QB
    Hey QB,

I understand the reason for wanting a ladies forum. I was intimidated at first, and lurked for a couple years before my first post. Everyone here, from what i can tell, is harmless and friendly. I just put my big girl panties on and jumped in feet first. Just getting back from a hiatus and its like i never left. Everyone is welcoming. But if you wanna talk girl stuff, with a girl, you know, handguns, rifles, shooting, ranges, hit me up and lets chat! Have fun and be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom